where it all started

Lance wasn't mad he knew his daughter. She was never a bad kid, even though people painted her like she was. Sometimes he was convinced she was but often reminded himself that, that's his daughter. His blood. So she was bound to do the things he use to do. He wasn't mad about the fact that his babygirl was getting older.

He just wanted answers. And this guy who's swapping tongues with his daughter, was gonna give him some damn answers.

"Look, kid."

"It's Sean. Don't call me kid."

Lance eyes grew wide as his eyebrows turned into a frown. This kid had some goddamn nerve. He thought to himself, "Look whatever the hell your name is, i- i need to know what's going on with Valerie, she's- I'm trying to get her to open up but it's hard for me. I need your help."

Sean could see the defeated looked on his face, even though he didn't exactly think Lance was the best father to Valerie. He unfortunately, was still her father. And the only parent she really had left.

"That guy..the guy who took her is still out there- his name is Anthony, he's look, we need to find him and do something-"

"Anthony? Is this like some friend of yours-"

"What hell no!"

"Then who- who the hell is he, what do you know about him!"

"LANCE!"

Lances alerted gaze glared at his wife, who swung open the door folding her arms at him. He gritted at his teeth, looking back at Sean who looked startled by his wife. Lance looked at his wife with apologetic eyes, Rachael looked at the time on her watch.

"It's late. For both of you. Please come inside and handle your son."

To avoid any further arguments, Lance obeyed his wife request. As he passed her she gave him and mean side eye, Lance knew that maybe she wasn't so happy about his rude approach with the boy. He looked over at Sean before heading inside. "I apologize for how I acted towards you- "

"It's okay, I understand you just wanted to help your daughter."

Lance shook his head in agreement, then parted away from Sean. Leaving his wife and him alone while he deals with his troublesome boy.

"Have a good night-" Sean began but was rudely interrupted by the shut of the door.

Rachael looked at him, squinting her eyes at him. It made him feel uncomfortable.

"You shouldn't be here so late, and if you ever come on this property this late ever again. I'll make sure you're arrested for trespassing."

Sean was baffled by how rude and entitled she was, she looked him up and down before she turned away slamming the door completely shut. Even though Sean was upset by the rude encounter he had with Valerie's stepmother, he was especially upset about what Valerie told him.

"Flowers.."

-

The three stood around Josh's room, Myra's face had turned pale she felt terrified. It just made her fear for Valerie's life, the things her best friend probably encountered, made her feel sick to her stomach, made her fall to her knees.

"Myra.."

"Stop i just- I need a minute- why just why would anyone want to purposely do something like this what kind of sick minded twisted freak! What the fuck. " Myra let out another shaky breath before her tears actually began to fall.

Sean came over to make sure, that Myra or Josh didn't gift her those flowers, that Valerie was talking about. They both said no, and thought that Sean, gifted them. But sadly, Sean wasn't able to even get pasted the entrance guard to see her in the hospital. Not only was he mad about the fact that Anthony was able to sneak his way up there, he was also upset over the fact that Anthony was there in the first place.