Chapter Thirty-One

Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Tyler Sanders

11 : 00

The clock above fireplace showed it was already eleven'o clock at night. The house was so silent even a pin drop could be heard.

Claire was asleep. Lydia was asleep after being force fed. Exhausted by the terror they went through, their body slept for hours.

"Here."

I blinked, noticing the glass of scotch placed before me on the coffee table.

"You went through my cabinet?" I raised my eyebrows threateningly.

He shrugged. "I had to. It's not my fault you hid your stash there."

No one was allowed in my study. No one was definitely allowed to touch the cabinet where all the liquor were locked in. When there was a child in the house, extra precaution was necessary for everything.

I sighed, too tired to scold him for invading my privacy. Picking up the glass with my bandaged hand, I downed caramel coloured liquid in one go.

"I see you let the doc check your hand." He commented, with a raise of his own glass.

"And I see you didn't." I retorted, glaring at the redness around his knuckles. "You better not wipe that on my couch. It's one of a kind."

He grimaced as he sat himself on my beige couch. "Brute." Then he picked up the ice pack left by a maid and wrapped it around his hand.

I merely passed my empty glass to him, ignoring his childish name-calling. We continued drinking, lost in our own thoughts.

My body stiffened remembering the black and blues on my wife's body. I had been there when maids washed her naked body and I had been there to shout at them when they pressed too hard on her bruises.

When she was only in her bra and shorts, the doctor patched her up. I had been too consumed in anger to even let jealousy appear at a man seeing Claire in less clothing-- even if the said man was a doctor.

When the doctor tried to right her sprained foot, she had screamed out in agony and it was the last straw for me.

Leaving Claire in the hands of other people, I had barged into the garage and beaten the crap out of the bastard. When I had calmed down from my rage, I noticed his hands tied and raised up to be hanged from a chain that had its end lodged inside the ceiling.

Neil had already been there, had his fair share of fun as well.

When I had looked at his bloodied knuckles, he replied haughty. "That shitface punched me twice in the park. I had to repay him ten times more."

I had shaken my head and dropped on a nearby steel chair, glaring at the passed out form of my former friend.

This man wasn't my friend. He was just the shell of my old friend. Inside, he was an insane man, filled with hatred and revenge.

While I had rested for few minutes, Neil had explained every last detail of what had happened in that cursed park.

And once again, my whole body vibrated with anger.

"Wake him up!" I had shouted.

When Diego, a 250 pound of muscled guard of mine dropped ice cold water on Blake thus waking him up, I had glanced at Simon. "Call Officer Spencer, tell him there's someone he has to lock him up for good." Then I had extended my palm to him. "Belt."