Chapter 16

A couple of days had past since I was released from the hospital, and I have been on cloud 9 ever since. I had been prescribed some pain relievers, but I haven't felt the need to take them. Levi kept close to me at all times, barely letting me go to the bathroom alone. It was both endearing and frustrating. Following the moment we had at the hospital, he started to treat me differently. He was more open and loving, always sneaking in kisses and light touches. After the time apart, it was both needed and wanted.

Celia has been keeping a close eye on me, making sure that I was never alone for long periods of time. I could understand where some of  her worry was coming from so I never commented on it, but I also could not fathom why she was still keeping an eye on me. I would have already gone through the change by now, if what Sky said was true.

I've been feeling pretty useless around the house, only being allowed to laze around. I was determined to pull my wait, and after tossing out idea after idea, I figured I could do some housework. I already knew I was good at it and I haven't seen any  cooks or maids. I was currently trying to convince Ace to take me to the grocery store for some ingredients, but it was like talking to a wall.

"Come on, it will only be a few minutes." I whined, my arms  enveloping his midriff as I tried to hold him in place. It was pretty pointless, considering he was a Vampire, but I had determination on my side. "I've already said no. You should be relaxing, not trying cook." He started to pry my arms away from him, and had almost succeeded in doing so when I wrapped my legs around his.

Sighing, he looked down at me before grabbing me under my arms and tugged me of to him. "I will take you, but you have to take it easy."  I quickly nodded, running towards the main entrance as Acre's footsteps followed me.  I was hopping from foot to foot as I forced them into some vans the twins had given me, struggling, when Celia climbed down the grand staircase in front of the front door. Her eyes were guarded as she looked at me, her lips set into a tight line. She had constantly been giving me this look since my hospital stay.

"Where do you think you are going?" she asked, her voice almost as stern as her expression. "It's a surprise." I stated, grinning as I finished putting on my shoes. I've been trying not to let her attitude get to me, but it was starting to ware on me.  She crossed her arms as she leaned against the stair's railing, her posture intimidating. If possible, her gaze turned even more hostile, all warmth absent. We were in a staring match, both of us unwilling to let the other win. My eyes teared, bringing the relation that Celia has no need to ever blink along with it. Just as I was about to blink, Ace walked him, his eyes darting between us as he felt the tension in the air.

"You ready? "He asked me, walking towards Celia to put a hand on her back. Her tense body relaxed,  her arm is dropping to rest at her  sides. He sent a questioning look my way but I just shook my head, ready to get away from her for a little bit. Ace seemed to have understood, because the next second he was walking  towards me, his combat boots creating thundering sounds in the quite room." Sorry it took me awhile, I had to say good bye to the twins." He explained, his eyes still darting between Celia and I. Nodding my head, to open the front door, leaving the house without a back wands glance. I was both angry and confused at the way Celia had treated me, as if I was nothing more than an unwanted child.

Breathing deeply, I walked towards the circular driveway where a black town car was waiting.