Chapter 1

The cold winter wind blew outside as you sighed for the 10th time that day, watching people come in the shop. They either exit with a cup of coffee or sit and eat or they just wanted to get out of the cold. You sighed again as you served another customer a cup of warm caramel macchiato. Business wasn't slow but it wasn't fast either. It was just moving at a steady pace, the place mostly packed with students with laptops using Wi-Fi for whatever purpose.

The sound of the bell above the door dinged to announce the arrival of another person and you plaster a fake smile on your face before turning to the customer. But your breath caught in your throat as you looked at what would be most beautiful pair of brown eyes you've ever seen with a full head of bright orange hair on his head. From the nose up was all you could see since he was covered from the mouth down. A thick scarf wrapped around his neck covered his mouth and a big long sleeved coat covered the rest of him.

Y/N: "Uh...May I..Good...Hello. What may I get for you today?" Great job y/n. You just made yourself look like a huge idiot.

You chided yourself as you hoped that your face wasn't turning red. Especially, in front of him.

The stranger mumbled behind his scarf and you tried to make out what he was saying but you couldn't.

Y/N: "Um, could you repeat that please?"

You watched his face turn red before he shifted his scarf further down his face, revealing his top lip.

It's just his top lip but...it's so red and looks so soft and plump that you could just-

*Ahem*

A clearing of the throat drew your attention to see the persons face redder than before.

And it wasn't due to the cold since inside the coffee shop was warm.

Oh no! Did I say it out loud?! I hope not!

Y/N: "M-my bad. What was that?"

He didn't say anything, he instead just pointed at the part of the cafe's menu board that said 'Vanilla Cappuccino'.

You immediately got to work in making his coffee but you fumbled so much it's a miracle you didn't spill it and gave it to him safely.

He hands you the exact change and went to sit in the corner of the shop facing you.

Oh god, he's not leaving?! Come on, breathe, deep breaths. You can do this.

But you couldn't. As you worked throughout the rest of the day all you felt were his eyes boring a hole into you. You tripped you and stumbled through the rest of your orders.

And it's all because of hi-Where did he go?

Wasn't he just sitting there? When did he leave?

You scratched your head as you glanced at the time to see the clock hit 5, as you packed up your stuff to go home where the stranger with the bright orange hair and the beautiful brown eyes never left your mind.

--------

Your house wasn't that far away, the café was just two blocks away from your home and even on your short way home, all that was going through your head was 'bright orange hair' and 'beautiful brown eyes'.

Because of this, you almost ran into a pole, enter someone else's yard and almost walked straight past yours.

Your mother: "Y/N, how was work?"

Y/N: "Long."

Your mother chuckled at you before telling you where your dinner was without even looking away from the tv.