seventeen

Thank you for being so patient with me, hopefully, this chapter doesn't disappoint:))

I've been awake for an hour. Sixty minutes, and I have not moved from my current position. The only thing I've been doing is drowning myself in my thoughts about him. And I've tried to stop those thoughts, I've tried to think about something else, but it just won't happen.

Him and his stupid blue eyes. Him and that stupid smile.

Just him in general.

For a brief second, I forgot he was here when I first woke up. It didn't take me long to realize there was an arm around my waist and our fingers were interlocked. That must of happened when I was asleep.

This isn't right. I hate him, or at least that's what I've been telling myself. I hate him, yet he's been the only thing on my mind lately. Why did I let this happen? How did it happen?

I hate him. But I don't think I do anymore.

God, I'm a mess. I'm a fucking mess.

"Morning, Sunshine," he tiredly mumbles. His voice startles me, snapping me out of my gaze.

"Morning, Kris." I turn over to face him, and just looking at him makes me feel something different. I hate myself.

"How'd you sleep?" Jesus, his morning voice.

Mallory, stop falling in love with everything about him.

I'm not. I'm not, I'm not, I'm not.

"Fine," I answer, and I find myself staring into his stupid blue eyes that everyone's in love with, but I can't even blame them because I'm the same fucking way.

"What did we do, Kris?" I ask him, and my voice is just below a whisper. He just sighs.

"I wish I knew, Mallory." I feel way too close to him, but at the same time, I don't feel close enough. He sighs once again and closes our small distance, connecting our lips briefly. He presses his forehead to mine. "I'm sorry. I needed to do that." That stupid smile of his rises to his cheeks and I can't help but slightly laugh.

"You should go. Your boyfriend's probably worried sick," I joke, referring to Anthony, and he just rolls his eyes.

"He is not my boyfriend. Friends with benefits, obviously," he plays along and I find myself laughing again.

Friends with benefits. Is that what he is with Sarah?

Christ, Mallory, shut the hell up and stop thinking about it.

I'm trying. I'm trying, I'm trying so hard not to think about it.

Why is it so hard to not think about it?

"You're an idiot," I tell him, chuckling lightly.

"But I'm your favorite idiot, right?"

"I don't know. I'm friends with Anthony, remember?" He gives me a small smile again. "No, but really. You should go. I'm sure you have important things to be doing."

"I mean, not really. But I'll leave," he says, rising up off the bed and slipping into his t-shirt after picking it up off the floor along with the rest of his clothes. I end up getting out of bed as well, getting dressed, and I follow Kris to the door.

"Well, Sunshine, that was eventful."

"Will you ever stop calling me that?"

"Nope." I just roll my eyes at this and decide that it's probably time to accept that he'll never stop calling me Sunshine regardless of how I want to pop his head off anytime he uses it.