twenty

A/N  i'll switch between POVs more often than you guys would want and i know it's going to be annoying, but bear with me. important shit happens. 

Kris

I've slept like shit the past few nights, and it's all because I feel like shit over something I did with a girl who's now invading everything I think about. Things were so much easier before I went out with Sarah that night and she said the thing that pissed me off so much that I left and all I wanted was to talk to somebody, and I chose Mallory. Of all people. Why didn't I talk to Anthony or Dexter or David or just anyone  that isn't named Mallory Crawford. I really brought this upon myself.

But I don't understand what makes this so different. I've been with Sarah Lord knows how many times, and I never lost sleep over her. She never exactly invaded my thoughts, she just kind of hung out in my mind and stayed in her place. But no, Mallory's the exact opposite and she just wanted to take over all my thoughts and act like she runs the place.

Anthony was trying to talk to me after the game and I just had to act like I'm listening because I'm too tired and distracted to function. I'm actually surprisingly good at this whole "acting like I'm listening" thing considering I do it to Sarah all the time. I feel like an awful person for admitting it, but she talks. A lot.

***

Mallory

I don't remember the last time I went on a date with somebody new.

Actually, yes, I do. 

It was about three months after Brendon and I broke up and Lauren, once again, set me up with somebody. It was fine, I guess. I mean, we did go on a few more dates after that but it wasn't really a relationship.

And honestly? I'm not even expecting this to even go far. I really don't even want to go tonight, but I promised Lauren that I wouldn't stand the poor guy up. 

But I seriously just wish she would stop trying to set me up with guys because she thinks that it's "what's best for me". She's only doing this to take my mind off Kris but in all reality, being with another person won't help me solve my current situation. I appreciate her effort, but it's just not happening.

I go home after the game and since it's already 5:30, I have to look through my closet and pick out something that will make it look like I want to be there even though I'd rather be at home and binge watching Glee. I pull out a dress that I forgot I even owned, but I still put in on and decide that I need to probably wear this more often because I feel somewhat nice wearing it. I just grab a pair of heels from my closet and set them by my bed. I do everything else I need to do to get ready and by the time I'm finished, it's close to 8 and he's going to be here any second.

I hardly know anything about this guy. Lauren told me that his name's Blaine and she claims that he's one of the doctors at her hospital that her nurse friends are falling all over, and at this point, I don't even care what she has to say, as long as he's a decent guy and won't take it personally that this will probably be the only time I ever see him.

There's a knock at my door and I slowly get up from my couch, grabbing my purse off the coffee table, and going to open up the door. I smile at the tall, blonde figure standing in front of me as soon as I open the door, and he hands me a bouquet of flowers.

"Hey, Mallory. Lauren's told me a lot about you."

"I'm sure she has. She's told me a bit about you, too." He smiles and me and I go back into my apartment to set the flowers on my counter. I go back outside to meet him, shutting the door behind me, and we both go down to his car parked outside of my apartment building.