One

"Turn." The male officer said in a dull voice.

I turned facing the camera holding a board with my name written on it, Jace Augustine. The officer then took the board from my hand and escorted me down the hall.

"Hands out."

I stretched out my hands and he grabbed them and took my fingerprints leaving each finger covered in black ink. He then handed me an orange jumpsuit.

"Please put these on and drop your clothes here." He said holding a plastic bag.

He stood in front of me looking past me as I put on the jumpsuit and dropped my black shirt and jeans into the bag. He handed the bag to another officer and then handed me an itchy blanket and escorted me down a hall of cells. We stopped in front of a cell all the way down the hall and a man dressed in a suit was standing there with a cynical smile.

"Welcome Mr. Augustine." He said squinting at a folder that he had under his arm. "I'm hoping that you and I won't have any problems."

I stared at him blankly and his smile faded. He snapped his fingers twice and the cell bars opened and he stepped aside so I could walk in. As soon as I walked in the bar closed behind me. I placed the blanket on the top bunk of the bed and climbed on top ignoring the guy who was laying below.

"Whatcha in for?" He asked. He sounded like a kid.

"I don't even know." I finally said quietly.

He got up from the bed and faced me.

"How can you not know you know? Like come on. You wanna know what I'm here for?"

"Not really." I said not looking at him.

"I'm one of the best hackers in the world, well I'd say so. I'm only here cause I hacked into some government files. You know these politics hide a lot from the people? But of course me being in here nobody would believe me, nevertheless care."

"Listen kid." I said looking at him, he was skinny and scrawny. He couldn't possibly be older than 21. "Keep your mouth shut and we won't have any problems."

"Geez, no need for violence. I can tell you're in a bad mood. What'd they do when you got here? Did you request to get transferred or did they find this place better for you? Wait but you don't know what you're in for. The prison is pretty high tech and maximum security. Did you kill someone?"

I jumped off the bed and pushed the kid into the wall.

"Do you ever shut up?"

"I'm just saying, this place is supposedly all high tech and stuff but any hacker with his hands on a computer can get out of this place."

"Wait what did you just say?"

We were interrupted as a guard walked and tapped the cell bars.

"Hey back off each other, wouldn't want to start stuff on your first day."

I stepped back from the kid and he crawled back into the bottom bunk. The guard walked off eyeballing me, I then climbed up to the top bed and lay there. I sighed remembering the last time I had heard those words, "get out of this place." That was when Samantha, or Danielle whoever she was had begged me to escape. I closed my eyes and it felt like I was reliving that day again. The last thing I remember is Kalvin leaving to find a car or something and I was sitting with Danielle looking at her cut. The next thing I knew I was covered in blood running from the officers chasing me. I was so close to getting away when I felt two stings on my back. I fell to the ground in pain from the electric currents running from my back through my body. I should've been used to that by now but the intensity was so high I was instantly paralyzed and passed out. Then I only started thinking straight at the police station in the interrogation room. Now I was sitting in a jail cell being accused of murdering Danielle and my brother. My thoughts were interrupted as the guard called my name.