Two

I woke up the next morning facing up at the ceiling. Just as I sat up on the bed the guard tapped on the bars of the cell.

"Breakfast in five, get up!" He yelled.

I sat on the bed with my legs dangling off the edge.

"Everything alright up there?" Danny asked.

"Why wouldn't it be?"

"You had a pretty crazy dream last night. Surprisingly you weren't loud enough for the guards to tell you to shut up."

"What'd I say?"

"You were yelling and whispering all kinds of things. You were like run, keep going, come on, hurry. Then you were all like I know your secret. You were quiet for a couple seconds then you started whispering, Danielle, Samantha, Samantha, Danielle over and over."

"Oh."

"Who are they?"

"Nobody."

"I mean how can it be nobody, I get if you don't want to tell me but-"

"Just drop it!" I raised my voice unintentionally.

"Geez okay calm down dude."

There was a buzzing sound then all the cell doors slid open. The prisoners began to walk out and we followed. Next thing I knew I found myself outside. Some of the prisoners went to the cafeteria for breakfast while others went outside. I walked outside and followed the path that went around in a circle around the space. Danny lightly elbowed me and handed me a cigarette.

"Funny how the things that kills us, taste the best." I said as I lit it and took a drag.

"Like I said, we're all gonna die anyways."

As we walked at a slow pace around the other prisoners who were doing whatever, George and a group of his friends seemed to be walking towards us.

"Imma go get breakfast." Danny quickly said and walked off.

I continued walking then took a seat on a bench. George came and sat next to me.

"Hola, how are you my friend."

"What do you want?" I asked squinting my eyes, holding the cigarette in between my teeth.

He chuckled. "I may like you, but that doesn't give you the right to talk to me like that."

"Obviously we're not going to get along so why talk at all."

He laughed this time. "You know you may seem tough here now but I know that before you used to be someone's little dog."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said and lay my head back blowing the smoke from my mouth into the air.

"You may have the guts to kill a women but you can't even look me in the eye."

My expressions changed. "I didn't kill anyone."

"Oh right, you're crazy so you don't remember a thing." He said laughing. His group joined in.

I tried to calm myself but their laughter lingered in my head. Without thinking my fist when flying and hit George right in the cheek. As he fell back his friends came along and held me back. He got up and started punching and kicking me. They dropped me to the ground as they heard the guards yelling. He continued to kick me. Finally he stopped and I quickly tackled him and started choking him. Just as he began to turn red, I felt two bullets jolt into my back and I was instantly paralyzed by the intensity of the electric shock. My body began to shake and I fell off of him. The last thing I saw was George begin to shake as well before I passed out.