Three

The next morning I woke up my right hand was handcuffed to the bed. I got up and sat on the edge wondering what time it was. Just as I wiped my face Alysha walked up. She looked surprised. She was wearing a black long sleeve shirt and a black pencil skirt with heels, she looked so elegant and this time she wasn't wearing her glasses.

"Oh you're up already."

"Yeah."

"I'm going to take you to go see Dr. Ross and Dr. Jennings in my office."

"They're here?"

"Walking in as we speak."

She walked towards me and un-cuff me from the bed, putting the other cuff on my left arm.

"Sorry, I'd get in trouble for letting you run around loose."

"That's fine."

I followed her out the room down the hall into the elevator. She stood in front of me in the elevator and I couldn't help but admire her figure. She truly was gorgeous. I felt so stupid for acting the way I did the night before, she seemed like such a good person. When the door finally opened the hallway was full of prisoners and their lawyers in each office. I followed her to the last door on the right, office number 517.

"You can have a seat." She said motioning to the chairs.

I took a seat and she sat at her desk in front of me and went onto her computer. I looked around her office and saw certificates and diplomas framed on the wall. On her desk there was only one picture frame facing towards her.

"May I?" I asked pointing to the frame.

"Sure."

I grabbed it and it was a picture of her when she was about 4 years old with her mother.

"Is this your mother?"

"Yeah."

"You look like her."

"Everyone says that."

"What about your father?"

Her expression changed and she looked down at her desk. Before she could say anything the phone rang, she quickly answered.

"Yes let them up." She said. She hung up the phone and in a matter of minutes the door knocked and she went over to open it.

The doctors greeted each other and took a seat next to me.

"So Jace tell me what happened." Dr. Ross asked.

"I had a bad dream."

"About what?"

"I don't remember much."

"Have you thrown up lately?"

"No."

"But he hasn't been eating much." Alysha added.

"Your body may not be used to not taking in medication."

"Do you have any bad thoughts of any kind?" Dr. Jennings asked.

"Well that's a stupid question to ask don't you think."

"Answer us."

"Let' see if I'm not thinking about how much I hate myself I'm thinking about how much I hate it here. Then I occasionally think about how I couldn't have possibly killed Kalvin or Danielle."

They both looked at each other, then at a folder Dr. Jennings was holding.

"What is it?" I asked.