Chapter 22 - Like Father, Like Son

[NOT EDITED AF]

Ashton's POV

The moment the plane landed, I directly turned my phone on, i wanted to call Katherine , she would probably be worried because my phone was off for the last fifteen hours.

She doesn't know i am coming today, i didn't tell her , i wanted it to be a surprise.

I involuntary smiled. Can't wait to wrap my arms around her and lock her lips with mine.

I immediately dialed her number missing the sound of her voice so badly.

But her number was busy making me frown sadly.

I was about to call again , but Rebecca's name flashed on the screen , i cursed under my breath before hitting the answer button making my way out of the airport.

"What do you want ? " I directly asked annoyed.

"I got the file." She answered , i can feel her smiling.

"What file ?" I asked, just wanting to make sure.

"The one Caleb have , concerning the french deal." She said, a smirk crawled to my lips feeling satisfied.

"I called Jackson , and he is willing to agree on the partnership." She said making the smirk change into a smile , "His one condition is to get the french deal as fast as we can."

"And since we have the file , then it's us or no one else." She added and my happiness increased more.

Caleb's company and mine were the only fighting to get the french deal , but with me having everything he was planning on doing , he got no chance.

Can't wait to see the look on his face when he is going to lose.

Lose all the fund he had set up for the deal , all the work his employees had to do , it will go for nothing now.

That what happens when he tries to mess with my work.

"Come to the company now , so we can check everything before the second step." She said.

"No I can't." I said , "I have to do something first."

I have to see Katherine first. I miss her so damn much.

"But you have to come now , i already called them and said we're ready for our presentation." She said making a creepy feeling rise in the pit of my stomach.

I have no choice now , i should go to the company first. I'll try to finish it all early then go back home and surprise her.

"Okay , i am on my way." I said as the driver opened my door so i can get in.

"Waiting for you Mr. Ryder." She said with her seductive tone.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. God, this woman !

"Suck it up Rebecca." I said showing my complete irritation of her tone and words.

She always do that. It makes me feel sick.