Chapter 24 - It's already Over

[NOT EDITED AS USUAL]

Katherine's POV

"Divorce papers." Was all he said.

My heart dropped in my stomach , my throat closed up as i felt the tears forming in my eyes.

I directly shook my head , "No." I said , "I am not signing them."

"Take the papers Katherine." He said , he didn't look affected by this at all , "And Sign them."

"NO ! I am not signing them." I snapped as i took the papers from him and threw them away angrily.

"You said you wanted a divorce !" He said raising his voice stepping closer toward me.

"I didn't mean it !" I snapped back , "I didn't mean a thing of what i said , i was angry , i just wanted to hurt you."

"But you , you're giving up on us ?" I said not believing his actions , "How could you do that ? Everything happened between us , does it not mean anything to you ?"

"No." He said , his expressionless face making my blood boil more , "It meant nothing to me."

"You're lying." I said. He is lying , i know what we have was real. I am sure.

He shook his head , "This is the first time i am actually telling you the truth." He said stressing on the word truth.

My eyebrows knitted in confusion , why he is acting like this ?

"What is wrong with you ?" I asked unable to recognize the man in front of me as Ashton anymore.

"Just sign the papers Katherine." He said.

"Never." I said insisted on my decision. I am not giving up on us. Even if he did , I won't.

He let out a sigh , "Sign them and don't make a big deal out of it." He said looking bored.

"It is a big deal Ashton." I said,  "It's our marriage you're talking about !"

"Our marriage was fake from the very beginning." He said , "You know that."

"No it wasn't." I said back , "It was and still real."

"Not for me." He seemed to have all his sentences ready to reply back . And even though I don't believe a thing he's saying but it still hurts.

It hurts because he is not even willing to fight for us. He is letting me take the fight all alone.

"Stop lying !" I snapped irritated , "I am not lying Katherine ! Did you really believe that i loved you ?" He asked mockingly.

"Yes , yes , because you did." I directly shot back.

"No I didn't." He said still keeping the same poker face. If there's a thing Ashton is good at , then it's hiding his feelings.

"Stop ! Just stop !" I couldn't handle this version of him , "Who are you ?" I asked as i looked in his eyes and didn't feel the same pull i used to feel before , because they look so cold, gone all the warmth they used to have.