15. Sports Awards Dinner

Chapter Fifteen

Last Friday of September. Also known as Sports Awards Friday. Every year, on the last Friday of September, my school held a sports award dinner for all the students that were part of any of the schools sport teams. For the guys it was a chance to slip on a suit and tie (as that was the dress code) and try impress the girls by looking classy for once. For the girls it was a chance to dress up into dresses and look either classy or like a slutty drag queen, depending on their taste.

Personally, I loved it. The atmosphere was amazing and who doesn't love free food? Plus, so far, every year I'd win a prize (no boasting) but that made it a hell of a lot better.

Anyway, today was that day. School ended at 1:20pm. An hour and 40 minutes earlier than usual to give time for the staff to prepare everything until 7:00 pm when it was meant to start while in reality, that was the time that everyone started arriving at.

Luke picked me up that morning and dropped me and Casey back home. Casey was my date as always seeing as Jake was too fucking lazy to do any sports and Layna was more of an art person. Luke only joined this year so he'd probably only be invited to next year's dinner.

As most girls, it took me and Casey ages to get ready. She wore a little black dress and silver sparkling heels plus a silver clutch. She straightened her hair which looked perfect as always and applied some silver eye shadow after sticking on fake eyelashes. She offered to put them on me too but I rejected. I hated them. That felt like fucking wings on your eyelids.

I on the other hand curled my naturally wavy hair, and went for the more natural make up with cream eye shadow and light lipstick. It went perfectly with my burgundy strapless lace dress. When I slipped on the dress, I added a pair of cream pumps. I then grabbed my clutch and I was ready. Casey was downstairs with my mum probably bitching about me as they do. But I loved her anyway. 

 "Hannah sweetheart you look beautiful!" My mum grinned standing up and giving me a hug.

"Mum please. You're over exaggerating." I laughed. "We got to go unless we want to be late." My mum let me go and after we said our goodbyes we got into my car and made our way to the school as if it couldn't be held in any other nicer venue.

"So wouldn't it be funny if you bumped STRAIGHT into Mr Kyle Richards?" Casey winked as she slammed the passenger door shut. 

 Casey was the only person I told what happened the day before.  First she helped me and made me feel better and then Casey being Casey decided to tease me about it.

"Yes, hilarious." I said sarcastically.

"More like awkward." She waited for me to catch up and then we walked to the glass door as my eyes rolled back to the back of my head at the sight. "Speaking of the devil." She muttered.

"You jinxed it." I hissed making her chuckle.

Jade had just had a make out session with him and had left leaving him standing alone. At the sight of me and Casey, he opened the door and held it open for us. Casey went in first with me following awkwardly feeling his eyes on me. He smiled slightly as I quickly looked away and sped up walking to the hall.