54. The Truth

Chapter Fifty-Four

The next morning I woke up knowing that it was the day that I had to tell Joey the truth. I couldn't bare lying to him any longer and lying to myself also. I got out of bed and texted him.

To: Joey

Hey J, I know its Sunday,  but can we meet up? I need to talk to you about something. x

Not long after I got a reply.

From: Joey

Hey H, yeah no problem. Ooh, should I be scared? x

I sighed. What was I meant to tell him?

To: Joey

Well time will tell ;) x

Well done Hannah. Joking and teasing was the best way to go about it... only a few minutes before you're going to break the nicest guys heart.

~***~

As I walked into Starbucks,  Joey stood up and gave me my order which he had already gotten. Why was he so considerate? This would be so much easier if he was a complete dick.

"Lets get outta here." I told him, taking his hand and pulling him outside. We crossed the road and entered the open park.

"You look beautiful today." Joey told me.

I looked down at what I was wearing.  A simple red pleated skirt with a navy and white spot bow front crop top. On that I had a black leather jacket and a pair of black seude peep toe platforms. It was very retro,  which wasn't planned.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Anytime." No Joey, not anytime after what I'm about to tell you. "So what's this thing we need to talk about then?"

"I was praying you wouldn't ask." I sighed.

"Really? That bad?" He asked. 

"I don't know how to say it—"

"You're breaking up with me." Joey said simply, interrupting me.

My jaw dropped. Well I wasn't expecting it to be that bold. "Joey I—"

"Can you just tell me why?" Joey interrupted again. The weird thing was, was that he wasn't mad, angry or upset. He was calm about it almost as if he was it coming. 

"Wait, are you not angry?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I'm upset,  but I'm not angry. I saw this coming."

"How?"