33. Beach Party

Chapter Thirty-Three

"Any good plans for today sweetheart?" My mum asked as we sat in the living room sharing a morning coffee, something I usually wouldn't have time for.

I nodded. "Yeah, there's a party."

My mum cocked an eyebrow. "Who's party?"

"Err," I couldn't tell my mum it was mine and my two best friends party, she'd kill me. Don't get me wrong, she wasn't over protective, I mean, she let me attend parties, but the throwing of one seemed like too much of a responsibility, bla bla bla. "This guy, Sam Gerrard. You don't know him."

Sam? Out of all the people, I chose to use Kyle's best mate?

My mum's eyebrows rose again. "And you're actually going?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Because I just thought that after everything—"

"Mum, I can't avoid humanity." I told her. "What happened, happened and I can't turn back time."

"I know that but—"

"Mum, I'm good. I'm going to be fine. I've got Casey and Layna. And possibly Jake if he's not too busy with Mia."

My mum laughed. "He's still with her is he?" I nodded. "Good for him! The boy deserves a nice girl."

I agreed with my mum. But didn't everyone deserve a nice person in their lives?

Then again, looking at my past, I think I knew the answer.

~***~

"Hannah! Come out!" Casey yelled, slamming her fists against the bathroom door.

"I'm coming." I groaned, pulling on my black crop tank and striped high waisted shorts over my J.Crew black bikini with little pineapple print.

The outfit was nothing special but I was thankful that my best friends made me buy it because it was perfect for tonight. I quickly slipped my feet into my black jelly sandals and after grabbing my bag, ran down the stairs.

"Seriously Hannah, we're going to be late for our own party." Casey complained.

"Fashionably late." I grinned.

Casey rolled her eyes before we left my home and got in her car. We decided to take hers because it was bigger.

~***~

As the time came, people started filling the beach.  The fairy lights and Chinese lanterns were bright enough to light up the whole area. Music was blasting almost loud enough to create the ripple effect in the water.