Chapter 6

"When things were hard for me, I came to this church to pray. Every, single, day.

But soon, as if the Lord wanted it, I happened to meet a man.

He was tall, good looking and was kind in his voice. He talked me out of my depression; he made me feel lively again. He introduced himself as 'The Mentor'. Heck! I didn't even know his name.

What started on a chance meeting soon became a routine. The meetings went on; he spoke to me every day. I found out that I was praying less and my time spent at church was more.

It was a special relationship that we shared. It was like a dream come true. In fact, the only reason why I kept myself into falling in love with that person was that he was more than twenty years older than me.

But soon I fell for his charm and the caress. He dominated me, and I was a sexual toy for him.

Breaking the vows I made on my wedding day, I let myself get broken down by this man."

The priest shifted his seat as if something had struck hard against his shield of holiness.

"Sorry if I embarrassed you, Father. I didn't mean to cause any discomfort. I just-," Annette took a deep breath in, "I just have to let this out. I hope you'll understand."

The priest requested her to continue her story.

If the story so far had caused such a commotion in the man of God, will he be able to take in what is going to come next? Annette couldn't help but wonder.

What if she hid the final part and came out clean? Or should she lie? Perhaps modify some parts so that it is presented in a much cleaner form?

No, she told herself, that's not how this works.