Chapter 11

"It was two days back; he came to London to visit me at my sister's," Annette said recollecting her composure, "but I wasn't home. It was just my sister and her three year old baby daughter."

"What happened?" The priest was curious and tensed at the same time.

"My sister knew him from my tales and she wasn't kind in greeting him. Of course, the man was incriminatingly egoistic and pure evil. He broke in, and under the threat of murdering the little girl, he raped my sister. Bound her and..." her voice trailed off into a whimper.

"When he started messing up with my sister's family, I realized that it was high time I put an end to it. I stalked him back to Yorkshire, and I stabbed him," she declared, "I have murdered the man who murdered my husband and raped my sister.

I chose to take my revenge rather than follow a path of forgiveness. I handled him myself without letting the law take hold of my pleasure.

I started this, and now I ended it. This is my confession, Father."

She exhaled, relishing on the feeling of the one in control. "I know the police will soon be pulling their hair to know who did it. I will not turn myself in; I'd rather have them catch me after gathering enough evidence, if they can. Till then, I live free.

Now that I have confessed, bless me and I shall leave now."

The man of God had no words to say. As he gave her the sacramental blessing, the priest took a deep breath and shuddered.

THE END