Chapter 4: Welcome

The early rays of sunlight forced my eyes open, blinding me as I woke up. I stood up and wondered groggily wondering why the hell I had been sleeping on the floor in the air craft. I had never done that before.

But when my eyes adjusted to the light, I stifled a scream.

WHY WAS BARTON IN MY BED?!?!?

Oh my... I thought as I stumbled back for the bathroom to throw up, the shock making my body overreact. I am about to throw up and BARTON SLEPT IN MY BED.

I couldn't find the bathroom.

My hand groped along the wall, oh- come on come on I know it's right there...

Nothing. My attempts led to nothing.

IF I DON'T GET INTO THE BATHROOM RIGHT NOW, I MEAN NOW, my thoughts were screaming. I WILL EXPLODE EVERYWHERE AND I WILL WAKE BARTON UP AND WHAT THE HELL I CAN'T FIND THE BATHROOM.

I was in my absolute terror mode, and I didn't even know I had one.

Finally I found it, and I shut myself in there and rushed over to the toilet, letting reality wash over me.

I was in a white bathroom, not a black one like I had on the ship. And I wasn't wearing the usual standard pajamas they assigned.

I was in an alternate universe.

The thought settled in my head and I almost screamed, but I didn't realizing that no amount of magic could put me in an alternate universe. No way.

Curling up on top of the (now closed) toilet, I took a couple deep breaths, reminded myself that life was more difficult than it was- I didn't need to as more drama/trauma/pain to it- and prepared myself to kick Barton out of the bed.

Only I sat there for longer.

Why?

 Because the bathroom was white.

And most people wouldn't care, but this small detail dove into my head and convinced me otherwise. So I sat there.

It took me a little longer to remember what was going on.

I was in Budapest.

Living in an apartment.

With Agent Barton.

On a super secret mission.

With Barton.

In an apartment in Budapest that had a white-walled  bathroom with green curtains and blue tiled floor. And a shower and sink and toilet.

I opened my eyes.

Yes, it was blue tiled, green curtained, white walled, and contained a sink, toilet and shower. My memory was working okay.

I leaned out far and grasped the (gold) handle and twisted it ever so slightly... and fell face first on the floor, the ground coming up to my face so unexpectedly I didn't have time to react.

I landed with a soft thud on the tiles, one of my hands still wrapped around my legs in my curled position. I closed my eyes and felt the pain from the impact wash over me.

I had been in worse- far worse- pain than this, but it just hurt so much I couldn't stand it. The Black Widow, known for her skills and utter lack of emotion, felt terrible pain by falling off the toilet. Absolutely ridiculous.

A scuffling noise slowly approached me. "Are you okay?"

My eyes snapped open. Barton.

"Fine," I croaked.