Adventurer A

There's a brand new Adventurers Group known as the Incisors. They aren't a very strong group, but they'll take on any request if you pay them appropriately. They refuse to take more than the job is worth,

They're a small, casual group that includes a squirrel beast-man, and they were all pretty casual talking to her. The few times the Boss of the group comes in, she follows him around with sparkles in her eyes. What kind of person could make a beast-man, who normally had such lifeless eyes, follow them around like A little chick?

The boss was casual with everyone in his party, yet treated all of them with a quiet respect, even the beast-man. One time, someone treated the beast-man badly. The eyes of the silver-haired man darkened, and he quietly ordered one of his party members to curse the man. No one bothered his beast-man again.

I think of myself as a pretty open person, but even I couldn't get that casual with something not human. I risked my life and asked the man how he was able to do so. "... Merry, prick my finger." "Yes sir." She kneeled and did so delicately, without hesitation. His red blood welled up on his outstretched fingertip. "Yours as well, please." He heartlessly ordered. She complied with a 'yes sir' I was flabbergasted. No one chose to hurt themselves, or let another hurt them. It was unreal, watching their blood flow.

He pulled out a white-silver coin, and pressed his blood on one side, and had her press some on the other. After flipping it in the air and catching it, he handed the valuable coin to me. "Whose blood is whose?" I was flabbergasted. What was the point of this? So after looking, I attempted to answer. "This one...?" "Why do you think so?" "I just guessed..." I admitted shamelessly.

"We both bleed the same red blood, as does she. We both have the same cunning mind, as does she. We both have hearts that can feel pain, as does she. Do you still believe she isn't a person? She just has extra features." The realization hit me like lightning. They were people too. "I thank you for the lesson. I would like to spread your teachings, if the beast-man tribe was not so discriminated against, our countries fighting force would double. Ah, enrollment would be voluntary."

"I am Thomas. Take the coin as a donation to that cause. In fact, have another." He takes out another white-silver coin. I pocket them with reverence. "I will spread your teachings soon, however may I study under you first?" "Sure. Ask Luke for the initiation course. I'll welcome you to the team later, Fenrir." "How did you..." "I know all the best adventurers names."

I wondered what his criteria was for choosing the best adventurers was, because I was only rank F. I knew my decision to follow him had been the right one. I thought to myself as I smiled. There was so much I could learn from him, and it was obvious he knew more than I did, for he had more staunch supporters at his side then I did at mine.

And that was when I met the person who was truly the world's best king, whose legend would last for generations. And I would have a front-row seat on this legendary journey. I would watch this legend grow happily, even as I knew it would leave me in the dust.