Chapter 14. The talk

I hope you guys like the story so far. Thank you for reading.

Micah's P.O.V

After saying goodbye to Knightly, Connor and Lilith we're now on our way home. My father is very quiet. It's feels like he's struggling with something. He hasn't spoken a word to us since we got in the car. He kept staring at Knightly the whole time we were together. There is definitely something wrong.

"Daddy, can we go to the mall to get ice cream?" asked Noah in a cute voice. My father frowned but i know he'll agree because Noah is his weakness." No Noah. We will be having dinner when we get home and i don't want you to spoil your appetite" "But dad" Noah was ready to argue but my father put a stop to it by saying "No Noah. Your mother is at home waiting for us. We like to talk to Micah about something so were going home"

"What?" i said and Noah fixed his eyes on me. I could read on his face that he blamed me that he couldn't get his ice cream. "Dad, why didn't you tell me that you guys wanted to talk to me?" "Because you would then make excuses to get away and this talk is necessary" I huffed and looked out of the window. I am not happy with the situation. I was dreading this so called talk that they were going to have with me.

Our house is like a small mansion with a beautiful garden. My mom made sure to have enough space for all her children. Noah even has his own play room. The house was built by my father when he married my mother. They always planned to have a big family.

Looking out of the window at the beautiful house all the bad memories came back. This was the same house were i never felt welcome. It never felt like a home to me. I don't know why but i always had these insecurities. I only feel happy when i'm training. Training is like an addiction to me.

I could see Mattew's and Natalee's car in the driveway. They live at home because their college isn't far from home. I looked at my father but he didn't pay any attention to me. He got out of the car and walked to the front door with Noah trailing behind him. "Lock the car before you come in" he yelled. I got out of the car locked it and walked inside. I really hope this isn't a family meeting because i don't feel like sitting through something like that right now.

My mother was cheerful as ever and suggested to talk after dinner. During dinner Mattew talked about his upcoming games, Natalee talked about her competitions and Noah talked about how he made so many friends like Lilith on the first day of school. I just sat there playing with my food and thought about how Knightly's head felt in my lap. It felt like it belonged there.

"How was your first day of school honey" i heard my mother ask. At first i thought she was talking to my father but when he didn't reply i looked up at him. The whole table was quiet and they were all looking at me. I realized she was talking to me and answered with "Um It was good" she just sighed and asked "How are you feeling now?"

"Better, i took the vitamin pills you gave me with the help of Knightly". "Wait what. You know Knightly Silverstone?" squealed Natalee. "He's like the richest and hottest guy i know and OMG let's not talk about Connor". Mattew just frowned at her reaction. " I have known Knightly and Connor since middle school" i said annoyed. "And Lilith is my friend" yelled Noah while bouncing in his seat "She's Knightly's sister" he giggled.

"Maybe we can invite them over for dinner sometime because i heard they don't have any parents" said my mother to my father. "Maybe" my father weakly replied. He was deep in thoughts and didn't pay any attention to our conversation. 

It was now after dinner and my father asked us to wait in the living room while they made sure everything was cleaned up. I was getting nervous. Mattew was talking on his phone with a friend and Natalee was texting someone. Noah was sitting next to me and finishing his homework when my parents came in.