chapter nine

@rosie_christine: live footage of mair reynold's drunk ass and its only 11pm

——

mair listened to the tone ringing out of her iphone and waited.

maybe this is a dumb idea.

okay this is definitely a dumb idea but what if i don't care.

mair argued with herself just as a voice echoed through the phone, " hello? " the voice of a very sleepy ( or perhaps drunken? ben tyler cook ) entered mair's dressing room.

" mair? " rosie entered the dressing room, a concerned expression evident on her face. she quickly spied the cell phone in mair's hand and a million more questions entered her brain.

" oh sorry, are you on the phone? "

" ROSIE IS THAT YOU? " ben's voice screamed out of mair's phone, interrupting rosie " josh josh it's rosie say hi say hi", his sentence quickly followed by what sounded like a phone dropping onto the floor.

" is that... ben? " a very confused rosie asked her best friend after a beat.

mair looked up at the brunette, her vision slightly blurred, " yes ok. I called him because i have a very important question for him right now."

" it's very important," she added after spying her best friend's disapproving face.

" hi rosie," the voice of a very embarrassed and definitely sober josh burrage shouted over the sound of ben's giggles.

" hi josh, " rosie felt her cheeks turning pink but then shook her head in attempt to make it stop.

" so.. mair," ben's suddenly even more flirtatious sounding voice returned, " what did you need to ask me about? "

" OKAY, " mair clapped her hands together, startling not only rosie, but josh and ben on the other end of the phone.

" benjamin, " mair stared at the rose gold phone in her hand intently and rosie bit back a laugh, " i have a bone to pick with you. "

ben gasped loudly, " whaaatt? what have i ever could have done, miss reynolds? "

rosie thought she might have heard josh snort on the other end, but she wasn't entirely sure.

" i'm talking about how you unfollowed me on all of my social medias, silly, " mair said, her voice even in her drunken state trying to hide emotion. rosie couldn't help but smile a little despite how worried she was; mair only ever used the word "silly" when she was drunk off her ass.

" oh that, " ben said, his voice noticeably quieter and less confident.

" i followed you back," he said finally, trying to distract mair from the question she had just asked him.

" nooooo, " mair laughed a little as she scolded ben, " i asked why. "

" something happened, " ben's voice was the clearest it had been the whole evening. rosie felt her stomach drop between her knees; and she knew in whatever city in whatever hotel room they were in, josh's did as well.

to prove rosie's thought, josh attempted to intervene, " it doesn't really matter mair, really. It wasn't a big deal. "

" NO, " mair's voice came out louder than she meant it to, " tell me what happened ben. "