Glacier

You stepped into the room feeling like your soul had been crushed with realization. Jimin looked up and feared the worst to see you crying inconsolably. He fearfully walked up to you, gently placing his hands on your shoulders and couldn't even ask the question without feeling his swollen eyes drip tears again, "(y/n) what-"

He began asking his question but you slowly fell to your knees and bent over, placing your hands on the floor, begging for forgiveness. Jimin knelt down, frantic and desperate to hear what you had to say. In his mind only Hanae appeared and it scared him to see you so torn. "(Y/n)! Why are you doing this?! Tell me what's wrong!!" he begged as he gently shook you so you'd look at him in the eyes.

You looked up at him and said, "Im sorry Jimin!! I'm so sorry I screamed at you and told you I hated you," you said, slurring your words and barely able to push the words out. Jimins heart sunk to think the worst of possibilities. Had Hanae lost her life and that's why you were apologizing? He began crying softly as he looked into your eyes but you knew he was thinking wrong.

You cupped his face and shook your head as you both sat on the hospitals floor, "no no no. Don't cry. Our girl is okay....she's safe," you said but Jimin still continued crying. "Jimin- I don't hate you. Im sorry I was blind to see all you had done for us," you grabbed his wrists and gently placed his hands on your cheeks, closing your eyes to feel his cold hands on your skin. "Look at your hands...they're so thin," you cried and he only looked at you with furrowed eyebrows, hating to see you cry over him. He understood why you were crying, but he let you speak freely.

"Why did you hide from me? Why'd you choose to fight alone?" you said as he held you're face and wiped away the tears that kept falling from your cheeks, never really giving you an answer. "You and I are partners. You should've talked to me. We both could've came up with a solution but for you to hurt yourself this way only makes things more painful for me to have barely realized. You know how much I love you. You know how much I care for you-"

"You said you hate me-"
"I love you."

Jimin remained silent, hiccuping through tears to hear you say the words he loved the most. "I'm sorry," he said in a whisper and looked down, once again blaming himself for everything. You pulled him to you, wrapping him lovingly in your arms as he rest his head on your chest and wiped his eyes with his hands. You were his comfort. Always.

You gently caressed his hair and kissed his head, "Im sorry I said I hate you Jimin. I don't. I never have. And I'm not apologizing because I realized what you've always done for us. You've always been too good. I don't even have an excuse. I was angry and needed to justify something. I know an apology isn't enough. I love you so much. And always know that even if we barely have enough money for anything, I'll always love you. Riches aren't anything when I'm with you," you said as you felt his breathing calm down as you caressed him.

"Im sorry I didn't tell you earl-"
"Jimin- it doesn't matter right now. We'll get through it....and I'll make sure you never loose these cheeks of yours. You know how much I love them," you said with such a gentle voice as you pinched his cheeks. He giggled and looked down embarrassedly and you kissed his head.

***

You woke up and was lost by your surroundings for a few seconds before you looked up and saw Jimin. You had fallen asleep on his lap after talking for hours last night. You remember the doctor told you Hanae would probably be ready to leave by 8 a.m. if everything was okay. You quietly sat up and moved away his arm that was resting over your body. It must've been uncomfortable to sleep sitting up all night, yet when you looked at him, he looked soft and calm with plump lips as his head was tilted to the side.