How to Fall in Love (29)

Copyright © 2014 by roastedpiglet (of Wattpad)

          All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

Piggy's Note:

Thank you for reading 28 chapters of How to Fall in Love so far. I have about three more twists and three more turns, and then this story ends. ;)

This chapter's admittedly shortI believe we needed a short one after last chapter. This chapter serves to finish last chapter's (hopefully) emotion-packed scene, and to give us ample time to breathe and excavate any confusion that we felt. It also has little seeds that foreshadow what might happen in the near future.

Next chapter would be longer and would contain an epiphany, or two! :D The Royal Hotels Ball, wherein Miles Royal would return, is coming up real soon, too! #Milas, represent. Hahaha.

Dedication goes to Maryam with a y (@hippogriffs) for being a fantastic friend, a fantastic writer, and a fantastic reader. I love you. Thank you!

To the right is "Tell Me Where It Hurts," by MYMP. Those who were wondering where I was from would gather the answer to that via the given song. Please do play it when you read the chapter! I swear, you wouldn't regret it. :D

I love you! Don't forget to smileyou may not know, but you may already be making someone fall in love with it. ;) Aha, you thought of someone! :P

See you again soon?

Cookies x muffins x cupcakes

Myka

❀❃❀❃❀

c h a p t e r  t w e n t y - n i n e

[  h o w  t o  t e l l  w h e r e  i t  h u r t s  ]

          Before I could react, or even think of how to react, Finn negated his own statement. He said, "No, it wasn't his fault. He couldn't even lay a finger on her. She was too precious, as she should've been.

"I suppose the only death my father caused was his.

"My mother died because of stage four cervical cancer. The symptoms weren't obvious. She looked perfectly fine, up until the last second of her life. And that was it—nobody knew of her cancer, except for her. She never told anyone, didn't let her doctor inform her family—inform us. I never knew the reason why—but my heart told me it was because she didn't want to be remembered as a woman who was a warrior, who fought cervical cancer. She wanted to be remembered as a precious memory, an exclusive memory, at times a painful, beautiful dream."

I squeezed his hand more tightly, watching as a teardrop finally fell from his eyes. "Finn."

"It was so unfair. I even called her a bitch." He flinched at the memory, reproach etched on his face. He used his other hand to wipe the tear away. "But I was eight. I lost a mother. How else was I supposed to react?