Doubt and Fear

Edd slipped through the front door hoping his parents hadn't noticed his absences. It was found that Nazz had seen them in the junkyard but couldn't make out their faces. She searched around for nearly an hour. The whole time Kevin had not let go of him. Edd only hoped Kevin  didn't notice his heart racing the entire time. 

"Edward, dear." His mothers voice,laced with concern came from somewhere in the kitchen. He peeked around the corner. She stood at the kitchen sink washing supper dishes. "I understand you may have someone important in your life know." She spoke slowly as if she was choosing the words before she said them.

"Has she found out about me and Kevin?!"

"I haven't told your father yet but I beg of you dear please do not stay out all hours of the night with your girlfriend. You worry your mother with this type of behavior lately."

"Not a girlfriend...well we aren't even dating. I'm not sure what we are."

"I understand." Edd muttered not really wanting to say it at all.

"Thank you, Edward." She said with a sigh of relief.

Edd made his way up the stairs to his room and threw himself face down on his bed.

"What are we to each other?"

-Kevin-

Kevin walk in his house making no attempt to hide himself from his parents. He could still feel where Edd had been in his arms. He could still feel his racing heart.

"It took everything I had not to push him down right then and there."

"Kevin!" His dad's voice boomed from the top of the stairs. "Where have you been, boy? You have your mom worried to death."

"I was out." Kevin said as he made his was up the stairs.

"You got a real smart mouth, brat. Who's your girlfriend? That Nazz girl?"

Kevin walk passed his dad, "It's not a girl." He muttered.

"What was that?" Kevin didn't bother answering his dad he simple slammed his door shut and lean against it, sliding down to the floor.

"Why the hell did I lie to him? I do love him. I see that now. He said it to me like there was nothing to it so why couldn't I? Why did I get so scared? It's three simple words. I can kiss him without a second thought and yet...I'm so pathetic."

Kevin sat in front of his door listening to his parents fighting in the next room. 

"I wish I had just stayed in the junkyard and held Double D longer. Maybe then I would have worked up the nerve to tell him how I feel  about him. I could have made him my boyfriend."