7 The Banquet (1)

Later that day, Wu Xingxie requested to see Master Wu, who was in the study hall.

Since Wu Xingxie had received a perfect score on her state exams, Master Wu was planning to celebrate. He wanted to show off how great she was to the people in the capital. He hadn't allowed her outside the manor since she was young but now that she was at the age to marry, he wanted to reveal her to the public.

Xingxie remembered it was around this time she saw her half-siblings again. This time, she would not show them her sincerity anymore since they saw it as a facade anyways.

What was the point of being nice, if they didn't want to appreciate her?

"Xingxie greets father." Xingxie kowtowed before the man. She didn't hate him but she couldn't say she loved him either. She only felt grateful because she was living under his roof and eating his food.

"Stand up." Master Wu gestured with his hand.

"Thank you father." Xingxie was a well mannered girl so she greeted him formally.

"I heard you asked to see me. That's good because I was going to visit you this evening as well." He said without a trace of emotion.

"Yes, this daughter would like to ask for a request." Xingxie began.

Master Wu narrowed his eyes but he quickly changed his thoughts.

Since she had done so well these past years, he should at least reward her.

"What is it you want? Name it."

"This daughter doesn't want a wordly item. I only wish to see Seventh Young Master more often. So, Xingxie was hoping you would let him move in with me." Xingxie was straightforward about her request.

She wasn't asking for much, was she?

Master Wu went silent for a few minutes.

Even though Wu Xuan was useless, he was still Wu Xingxie's blood brother. Naturally, she wants to be close to him. He didn't see the boy as a threat so he agreed to her wishes.

"Alright. I will have the servants move his belongings to your chambers. However, will you be fine with him staying with you?"

Xingxie smiled,

"To have little brother near me is all I could ask for. Thank you father for your grace."

Master Wu nodded his head in approval.
This child was really simple.

How would she react if she knew he wasn't her real father?

"You received a perfect score on the exams last week, I heard." He looked at her.

"That is correct. I have been studying for the new lessons you have prepared for me." She replied, picking up the teapot. Xingxie poured the tea into his empty cup.

"Xingxie, you are really a blessing to me." Master Wu meant it from the bottom of his heart. Even if he was cold to her, he didn't despise her.

"I've been thinking..... It's about time I let you meet new people. So, I am planning on holding a banquet celebrating you. Do you like the idea?"

Xingxie smiled politely, and like in the past, she accepted his decisions.

"If father wants to hold a banquet, of course Xingxie will support his wishes."

***
The next morning, the capital was riled up. The Wu family would be holding a banquet for their Eldest Miss. Other noble families knew of the rumours surrounding Wu Xingxie.

She was known as the most beautiful girl in the city even though no one has seen her in person. It was said that the reason Master Wu kept her hidden was because he was planning on giving her to the Crown Prince.

The Crown Prince was every young girl's ideal type. Even though he was only 18, he was already a cultivator at the 9th level.

He was the most handsome boy in the capital and girls who saw him would faint on the spot. Even in the Palace, the maids could not handle his hotness.

As the number one male beauty, the Crown Prince wanted to meet the number one female beauty. He wanted to see if she was really as they claim.