34 Qinghai (5)

Next Morning.

Wu Xingxie woke up from the sound of chatter and realized that it was only Wei and Hu Jiayi talking. Getting up, the female returned to her male form and exited the room.

When Hu Jiayi, who was currently seated by the table saw him, he quickly stood up and inquired about his night.

"Did you sleep good last night? I know this hut isn't big but I wanted to give you privacy." He smiled warmly at her, as if he found the one whom he was waiting for.

"I understand." Mu Ye nodded before heading outside to wash his face and clean his teeth. He left a note for Wei that he would be out in the forest again.

While Wei was skeptical of what Wu Xingxie was up to, he wanted her to at least have fun once in a while.

***
Mu Ye ventured of farther than he had yesterday in hopes of finding the Immortal Flower. After all, it could be anywhere. The Immortal Flower was the most rare plant because once devoured, it gave immortality to the consumer. However, it could not be found be normal people.

Wu Xingxie remembered from reading a book in the future that it grew in random places. Not only that, not many people knew of it's existence so those who find it would think it was just another weed or something else.

By using one's Qi to study the plant's own, cultivators were able to detect them. Of course, the Immortal Flowers had a life of its own. It would only show itself to certain people or those who were worthy enough.

As Wu Xingxie continued to travel farther, she came upon an enormous cave. Surrounded by trees, the inside of the cave was very dark.

Walking closer, a familiar aura gained her attention. It was very faint but she knew it very well.

Despite only feeling the spiritual energy of the person for a few minutes, Wu Xingxie was able to recognize it.

One of the assassins from the mountain!

She concealed herself as she heard the assassin run out. He hadn't notice her yet so she followed him behind.

Seeing the people responsible for her death, Wu Xingxie's heart fumed with fire.

Revenge.

Yes, this was why she had turned back in time.

While she wanted to see the downfall of the Wu family, she didn't imagine to meet the people they hired to kill her!

The assassin was fast but Wu Xingxie was faster as she never lost sight of him.

I don't know why you would try and kill me but this lifetime, you won't get to see the sunrise ever again.

Wu Xingxie realized the assassin was heading towards Hu Jiayi's hut. Was he sent to kill Hu Jiayi?

Her conclusions were indeed correct as the assassin charged into the house, making a loud crashing noise.

Wu Xingxie stopped before transforming into Mu Ye and running after the assassin.

By the time she entered, the assassin had already been tied up by Wei, forced to sit on his knees before Hu Jiayi.

"Who sent you?" Hu Jiayi's voice was a 180 degrees change from the way he talked to Mu Ye. It was ice cold and stern, as if he was ready to rip the man into shreds.

Wei simply held the assassin down, turning to look at Mu Ye who ran in.

"What happened?" Mu Ye didn't want to make it seem like he was tailing the assassin so he asked to avoid suspicions.

The assassin was silent, and didn't say a word although he was captured.

"Fine, if you don't want to talk then we can just kill you right away or....."
His eyes travelled to the male behind the assassin.

After seeing Hu Jiayi's look, a smirk plastered on Wei's lips. His eyes flashed red as ideas of how to torture the assassin appeared in his head. The hidden side he had held in awakened like a dragon who was disturbed.

Mu Ye walked closer to look at the assassin.

It really was him!

The mask was the same one as she remembered.

"Can't you talk?" Wei unsheathed his sword, pointing it at the assassin's neck.

The assassin trembled. He was told the Hu Young Master was weak and ill so they had him live in small hut in the woods. However, there were three males, so who was the young master? They all seemed healthy and not only that, their presence were frightening as well!

*****
I know I didn't update yesterday so sorry about that. School has been so stressing lately so I haven't had time to catch up on the chapters.

It's Friday tomorrow so thank goodness, I can have more time.

Also, thank you guys all for the support, it really makes me happy knowing people are reading a story I wrote. To be able to get #1 on Historical Fiction wouldn't be possible without all of you, so I thank you sincerely.