63 You've Got the Wrong Person (1)

"We've checked so many officials' place but she's not there either." Wei complained as they left one of the manors they were searching.

Hu Jiayi was already exhausted as he had to put on an act in front of those old men.

He was glad they were finally leaving although they hadn't found Wu Xingxie.

After walking into the busy streets, he heard saw people gathering about.

"Hey, isn't that her?!" Hu Jiayi pointed to a girl far off in the distance.

At first, he thought he was hallucinating so he blinked a few times but the girl was still there.

Wei looked and his eyes widened because he knew, it was none other than Wu Xingxie.

Many people were surrounding her and the male beside her who seemed to be talking to the crowd.

Wei was utterly astounded by the scene and stopped dead in his tracks.

From where he and Hu Jiayi stood, they could hear what the man was saying to her.

"Don't worry Sasithorn, this brother will protect you."

"Sasithorn?" Hu Jiayi briefly looked at Wei who was probably thinking the same thing.

Who is Sasithorn? All they saw was Wu Xingxie.

Wei wasted no time as he pushed through the crowd and stormed straight up to Wu Xingxie.

The female looked up at him and tilted her head in confusion.

"You are?" The current Wu Xingxie did not recognize the man at all so she queried.

Wei didn't reply as he grabbed her wrists and was going to haul her away but the unknown male who was with Wu Xingxie stopped him.

"What are you doing?" Chan frowned at him but Wei gave no response.

Wu Xingxie was still shock from being grabbed but she quickly came back to her senses.

"Mister, I don't know you." She removed her hand from the male's grip but he simply turned and looked at her with a serious gaze.

"You left without notifying anyone, made people worried about you but in truth, you were with a man all along!" Wei finally spoke in a harsh tone.

Although Wu Xingxie couldn't remember her past, she had a feeling this man knew her.

However, the way he acted towards her made her very upset so she angrily replied,

"So what if I'm with a man? I don't even know who you are, why are you yelling at me?
Or maybe, you must have mistaken me for your lover?" Wu Xingxie sharply replied with a sneer.

More people had gathered at the scene to see what was going on. They saw a guard standing before a young girl who, judging from her clothes was not from here along with another male dressed differently from the people here as well.

When Wei heard her words, he stared at her without saying a word.

"Sasithorn, let's go, we have somewhere to be so just forget this. My sister and I don't know this man." Chan spoke loudly for the crowd to hear.

Hu Jiayi, who was hidden in the crowd saw the situation but he didn't interfere because he knew something was off about Wu Xingxie.

He was positive it was her, but when he tried to feel her presence, there was none. It was almost as if she didn't have it anymore or that something was blocking her presence.

He wanted to inform Wei but he was still blocking the way of Wu Xingxie and the other man she was with. Hu Jiayi wondered who he was and what he had to do with her but he didn't want to attract attention on himself at the moment so he blended in with the crowd.

"Phi* Chan, I can't leave yet. This man obviously insulted me and now he won't move. I can't let him off easily." Wu Xingxie answered back. She looked at Wei and scoffed.

"Until you apologize to me, I'm not taking a single step." Wu Xingxie folded her arm.

Chan simply sighed while trying not to laugh because of the way she was acting.

"I don't know what's gotten into you but this is no time to play games. You have to return with me now!" Wei declared and without warning, he picked her up bridal style and began walking away.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" Chan yelled and reached out to stop the other male who disappeared off.

"Help me! I don't know this man and he's forcing me to go with him!" Wu Xingxie shouted, causing everyone to panic but a strong aura from the man warned them not to intervene.

*****
Phi- Pronounced pee(lol) with a tone means "Brother" in Thai. Used as a form of respect.

Fun fact about me: I have Middle Eastern blood cuz of my dad. Idk exactly where since he was orphaned but he basically grew up in Myanmar.