Chapter 9: He's actually far off from my ideal type

Laila POV

"Ms. Condes, what was it that made you want to be a writer?" Lola asked. She's conducting an interview about me and if it wasn't for all that had happened I wouldn't agree to it.

I asked Clarisse for help about the whole issue with Jeremy not to make it worst. I almost killed her and Henry for creating another thing that will make people talk more about me.

I had no idea what Henry was thinking blurting out something like him liking me and actually doing crazy thing Clarisse thinks of.

"To be honest, I wasn't a writer at first but I had a rough life and had experience things. I guess it is one of the reason I pursue writing is because I wanted to live in a total different world where things get wonderful. I always wanted to put beautiful dreams for a lot of people that is why I want to create a different world for them. Giving them a hope that things will get better."

"That is true. Your works does seem to be a bit of reality and fantasy. Maybe that is why everyone is so addicted. Anyway, aside from writing you also do modeling?" she seem surprised about the last part that it sounded more like a question rather than a statement.

I chuckle at her confuse look together with her cameraman. "About the modeling, I had no choice about that. Henry put me through it as he was directing a music video a few years back. The model that was suppose to do the shot and acting didn't show up and I was there with him helping with the story line that he got that stupid idea that I do it instead since I have experience back in college. Then after that all of a sudden I got calls that they needed me for some modelling. You can blame Henry for all that."

We all shared a good laugh.

"I must admit you look like a real model. We can hardly recognize you here. People may see it all the time and not know it is you." Lola stated.

"Yes but I don't take it seriously."

Lola's eyes suddenly lit up, she gave me this weird look as if she just notice something I didn't.

"You say Henry was the one to put you in modelling. You have known each other for so long and there was this last event where he confess on liking you. So is it true you guys are officially dating?" ofcourse one way or the other the subject will be brought up.

"Henry and I known each other since college and worked on so many projects together. We helped each other out. I've always lend a hand whenever he needs me and he'll do the same for me I guess. He hadn't said anything to me personally and I know that he did that because of a dare our friend made him do in thinking it would help me in some issues." there was dissatisfaction look on her upon hearing my answer.

"So is it Jeremy Malarkey then? There were photos of you two together and one where you came out of his office. I've been on a watch looking for hot gossip like this from Mr. Malarkey but he had kept such a low profile you'll get bored of him. There were few flings but you'll almost never hear it."

So there was someone else he held hands with. Someone he put his attention. Someone else he liked. Thinking another girl with him made my heart ache. Why? You are in no position to be hurt. Not after what he did. Especially not after what you did.

"But when you came, Mr. Malarkey was on front page for the first time with a gurl by his side. Are guys secret lover? I won't put this on the interview if you like." she look really curious about my relationship with Jer.

Think Laila, think. You need a good answer to this one that will make all those issues he made stop.

"I will admit I know Mr. Malarkey, his mother had shown support in my works and I'm proud to say she is a fan of mine. But sorry to say, I have no relationship whatsoever with Mr. Malarkey. We both attend the same university but he is such on a high rank than me. To tell you a secret," I playfully gestured for her to clean closer and in a whisper I said, "He's actually far off from my ideal type."