Ch. 13 ~Innocent Demon? Or Evil Angel?~

BREAKING NEWS: SLAUGHTER OUTSIDE OF FAMILY MART ON APRICOT RD.

Deliah nearly chokes on her cereal as she reads the headline on the TV, "(Y/N) get in here! Hurry!" You rush in from the kitchen and look at the TV only to gasp and cover your mouth, "Weren't you at that store yesterday?" You can only nod numbly and continue to watch as the reporter begins speaking to an elderly couple about in their 60s or 70s at least.

"So sir what exactly happened? And how did you and your wife stumble upon this grisly scene?" The old timer begins, "Well we were just walkin' out of the store when Earlene noticed some prints on the sidewalk. I just thought it was paint or somethin' then I noticed it was a hand print. A smeared hand print like somethin' was dragged. So I went back in an' told the employees and they called police."

It then cuts over to a woman holding a toddler, with another child clinging to her leg, "I just can't imagine it, I come to this store all the time. I bring my CHILDREN to this store. And to find out something like this happens right next to it? On top of what happened a few weeks back? It's absolutely sickening."

She then readjusts the toddler in her arms and looks down at the one wrapped around her leg, "And I cannot even begin to imagine what their families are feeling. To lose a child is a pain beyond words."

Christ even the Sheriff is involved, "It's unspeakable, I mean this is a quiet community, you never think you'd have something like this happen here of all places. Everyone knows someone here. And to have something like this happen? Is like something straight out of a horror movie or what you would only see in big cities. Then you kinda have to wonder, who or exactly WHAT could have the will power to be able to do something like this and just walk away?" 

Another person shows up offering his piece, "I honestly think it's the same guy, how could it not be? What happened in that house in the woods weeks ago, compared to this it's the same amount of malevolence, as screwed up as it is, it's way too coincidental. I'm convinced."

The rest of the words were lost to you hyperventilating, Deliah hurriedly sets her bowl down and stands up before hugging you, "Oh my god Deliah, that could have been me." You whisper and let out a shaky breath. She continues hugging before asking, "Did you see anything?" You shake your head, "I only grabbed what I needed and came straight home." "Was Zak with you?" You nod in response.

"Alright, I'm just getting word that we've received the names of the victims so that's gonna show up here right now." You and Deliah quickly glance at the screen. That's when you suddenly feel sick to your stomach. 

BRIAN SMITH

TRISHA YOUNG

SAMANTHA ARLUNER

"And there are no survi-What? Oh! Oh my! Ok alright uh, I'm getting more information now that there IS one survivor." Yours and Deliah's eyes widen, "Her name is Alice Kingsley, she was taken to Blue County Hospital a few minutes ago. Authorities are on their way there now to question her." You quickly pull away from the hug, "I gotta talk to her."

You then hurriedly run upstairs to get cleaned up. Deliah tries to ask you why but you're already upstairs in the bathroom getting ready. She sighs about to change the channel when she sees Zak, out of her peripheral vision, hurriedly float into the kitchen.

She then thinks for a moment, quick to connect the dots until it strikes her. Making her feel a wave of nausea.

~Flashback~

Deliah sat on the couch as she waited for you to come back from the store. It was getting late and she was starting to feel anxious until she heard the doorknob turn followed by your laughter. "There you are!" She exclaims as she follows you into the kitchen, "Sorry! Time slipped away from us." "Us?"