Chapter 46- Taunting Questions

[] A M E L I A []

"That class was never-fucking-ending," Leo grumbled.

I chuckled at him and shook my head.

"Who told you to watch four episodes of 'The 100'?" I asked.

He leaned towards me, his eyes holding a mischievous glint.

"You weren't complaining last night."

This caused me to bark out another laugh.

"Leo, I fell asleep during the second episode."

He huffed and flicked my forehead. I gasped and slapped a hand to my head in shock. However, it only lasted a few seconds, because then I was grinning again.

"What was that for?"

He only gave me a flat look.

"For falling asleep during our date," he mocked.

And of course, my heart leapt out of its chest and fell straight into his hands at the mere mention of our date.

I blinked at him, my mouth still agape. It still surprised me that it happened, and more than that, that Leo initiated it. Before I could reply, he was already getting ready to leave the classroom.

"Let's go Moonie. Everyone's probably waiting."

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to him. I gave him a small smile and nodded. We then made our way out of English in silence. The weather had gotten colder in the past few days, and it was time I brought out my puffiest winter jacket. I was stuffed in my jacket and scarf, while Leo wore his classic black coat. I probably looked like a snowman compared to him, but I couldn't help the fact that I felt cold easily.

We silently made our way to Coffee Rush, not needing to fill the silence. It was just when I was about to ask him something, that I felt a warm pressure on my hand. Surprised, I looked down to see that Leo had taken hold of my hand. I looked up at him, only to see that he was looking ahead, a small smile on his face.

I shut my mouth instantly and snapped my head to the front. When I had regained my breath, only then was I able to interwine my hand with his. 

We walked towards Coffee Rush hand in hand, and as we got closer, the urge to tug my hand away was getting stronger. However, seeing how nonchalant Leo was about it, I kind of didn't want to let go. Sadly, I knew I had to.

I wasn't sure what was happening between Leo and I. Although he had insisted that last night was a date, I still couldn't exactly wrap my head around it.

That, and I hadn't told Gemma about anything. I had even hid the fact that Leo kissed me from her. Seeing as she has been one of my biggest supporters and one of my closest friends till now, it felt wrong to just saunter in with Leo without telling her anything beforehand. I knew that once she finds out about us, she'd be ecstatic. But that was precisely the problem. I didn't want her to find out like this.

So just before we made it all the way to our lunch spot, I stopped in my steps. Confused, Leo followed my lead and came to a halt as well. He turned to face me, his gaze questioning my sudden stop.

"Leo, don't take this the wrong way, but... can we not walk in like this?"

I held up our joined hands sheepishly, a grimace on my face. Leo frowned at my suggestion.

"Why?" he asked, sounding slightly disappointed.

"I just, I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea," I murmured.