Stalked

Recently, I feel like someone's stalking me. Whenever I walk to school or go to bed, I feel a pair of eyes on me. They're watching me, always. The feeling intensifies when I walk down deserted alleyways. It's creepy, it's unsettling, it's horrible.

Exactly why someone's stalking me, I don't know. I don't have any enemies at school, and those neighbourhood kids get along with me OK. I managed to shake him or her off for a while though. I celebrated, but it was a little bit too soon.

Last week I went overseas to see my pen pal. We had a long, long conversation about blah, blah and blah. It was a while before that funny being-watched feeling came back. Somehow, my stalker had managed to follow me halfway around the globe.

If this guy hadn't been a stalker, he would've been an excellent policeman.

I started to take frequent shortcuts and sudden turns to shake my stalker off. I even fell asleep in my rented car while taking a detour. I ended up with a fine for parking in the middle of the road. Fortunately, things got better after I got back. I think my stalker must have lost me in China. With the crowded streets, one could vanish without anyone else knowing.

Still, I'd better check, just to be sure. 

As soon as I reached home, I started searching for any places the stalker might have hidden in before I left. I checked in the cupboards, even the drawers. I even got paranoid enough to check the mirror in my bathroom. There wasn't anything there, of course. The mirror was just reflecting the clean white tiles behind me, nothing else other than tiles. Nothing unusual.

Phew.

This is another one of those riddles that you'll only find scary if you crack it. I made it a little too obvious, if you know what I mean.