Kathryn.

I walked into the kitchen and seen the guy standing there. He was tall dressed in jeans a blue shirt and a biker cut. He hadn't shaved for a bit dark stubble covered his chin.

"hey, I'm Tank" he said holding his hand out towards me.

"hi Tank, I'm Kathryn Southwell, Cindy's mum" I said taking his hand.

He stood across the room from the open glass door, Cindy was laying on a trampoline in the late afternoon sun, she had her top up exposing her baby belly to the sun. I noticed where my eyes were focused, he couldn't take his eyes off her.

"You should go out there" I said nodding my head towards Cindy.

He nodded his head at me and walked out the door, walking across the yard towards Cindy. He stopped beside the trampoline for a minute watching her. If I knew my daughter she was probably sound to sleep. He climbed up on the trampoline and I watched as he pulled her close.

I started chopping up the things for the salad. Glancing out the window at the two on the trampoline. They looked good together, comfortable with each other. They had moved slight.

It was times like these that I missed Hugh. I missed just being held by him, having him around the house. Helping with the kids. I didn't know what to say when Cindy told me she was pregnant all I could think about was when we found out I was pregnant with Mason he was so happy, he couldn't wait to have another child. We had tried for years to have another baby without any luck, then we gave up we had one daughter, so we decided to be happy with what we had. Then bam I got sick I went numb and I had tingle all down the left side of my body, massive headaches. All I wanted to do was sleep. We went to the hospital only to be sent home being told nothing was wrong. We went a couple days later; blood tests were done. We waited for hours until finally a doctor came into the room and told me that he had good news. He told us that we were expecting a baby. He took a guess and said I would be around the three months mark. Hugh was over joyed about it.   

Just like he would be if he was here now.

We had Mason five months later, he was one month preemie. Four years later we found out about the brain tumor. It was stage four nothing they could do they said. A year later you were gone. I wanted to lose myself.

"Mason it's time to set the table" I called. Wiping the tears from my eyes.

He came running into the room.

I pulled everything from the oven and put it all on the table. Setting it all on the table, while Mason pulled the knives and forks out of the draw.

Cindy had spent all afternoon helping me to prepare dinner. She was running around the kitchen an hour before Tank had turned up stressing that everything had to be perfect.

After everything was set on the table I called out the back door "dinner's ready". I went back to the cupboard and pulled enough plates out.

I watched out the window as tank jumped off the trampoline. Cindy was standing slightly jumping. He grabbed her hand pulling her towards him, he lent forward placing his head on Cindy's bare stomach. Cindy's whole face lit up with a huge smile. He pulled her shirt covering her belly up. He placed his hand on her hips and helped her off the trampoline.

They stood staring down at each other, before Tank grabbed her hand and they walked towards the house.

We all sat around the dining room table. Cindy and Tank on one side of the table, me and Mason on the other. I had made potato bake, and a roast chicken with Cindy's help. Both of which were some of her favourite foods. There was also salad, coleslaw and pasta salad on the table.

"so, Tank" I said, "what do you do for a living?"

"I'm a builder, but I also do some work around the garage that the club owns." he replied

"How long have you been a builder for" I asked.

"My dad's a builder so I've been doing it since I was a boy, I always went out with me dad and did jobs with him. As I got older he took me on weekends and holidays and I got paid for it. I left school after year ten when I was sixteen and I went to work for my dad fulltime. Still work there" He said.

"verygood. A good job and steady income is a must with a baby on the way" I said.9