Six

Beam

"Forth..."

P' didn't answer. I stood up also to greet him he just look at me seriously, he looks like someone who wants to say something but chose not to.

"Ah... Excuse me."

I left them there to talk and started looking for my friends. I saw them awhile later hanging out with girls. I am amazed by how good they are in playing, I used to be one tho not until I met P'Forth. He is one of the most respected alumni in the school that's why if given a chance they often  invite him as guest speaker in every school events that's why he is quite famous bad thing I always missed that because of different reasons. I sigh. Now that I had the opportunity to see him I still didn't grab it and let it slide. Now I'll have to wait for another chance.

"Hi."

I turn around and check who called me, a girl with silver hair while smiling sweetly welcomed me.

"Yes?"

She whispered something in my ears which forces me to smile at her.

"Sorry to bother, me and my friends bet on you. Just smile so they'll think I am hitting on you."

I nodded.

"Why are you betting about this strange stuff?"

"Well, I am not really into this kind of place. They just drag me here so I won't feel left out. They've been bothering me for the last 2 hours about hitting on a guy and you're the safest in here as I observed."

I laughed.

"You bet."

"I'm Ari."

She offers me her hand and I gladly accept it.

"Beam."

"Beam then. And I am not into guys."

She winked at me and honestly I am a bit shocked.

"Seriously? I am not into girls, fyi."

We laugh at each other and considered one another "companion" for this night, we forgot about our friends and the fact that we've been talking for an hour.

I discovered that she is studying in the same school but in different department. That's why we don't know each other, tho we have common friends this is our first interaction.

"Beam. Do you know who's that guy?"

I looked at where she's pointing simply and saw P'Forth and P'Art staring. I smiled at them, P'Arthit even gave me a thumbs up which made me laugh. If he only knew. P'Forth on the other hand is still in his poker face what's his problem?

"Yeah. They are my seniors."

"Ah. Sorry, I was just bothered because that hot guy keeps eyeing on this table. Who is he? Boyfriend?"

"Nope. We're not even close for Pete's sake."

"You sure? Because if looks can kill I might be dead hour ago."

"Don't joke around please. You're giving me false hope."

She was about to answer when her friends came and ask if she's going to stay because they are going already.

"Thanks for the night. Let's see each other at school some other time."

She decided to go home too since she's a bit tired already. What shocked me was when she kisses me on the cheek. My eyes widen and she just laughed about it. I wave at her and her friends we are all cool about it. I forgot about my friends, maybe they are having their little time now. I look around still hoping I can see them around but they are nowhere to be found.  

I stood up and decided to leave, I'll just sent them a message saying I leave already.

Forth

"Oh man why are you giving me that cold stares?"

Arthit said the moment Beam is far away from us.

"Can't you just be thankful? I protected him from the wolves around when you're not here?"

He added giving me smiles.

"Whatever."

I sat down in the place where I can still observe Beam. He is looking around maybe looking for his friends.

"If it's this hard for you to protect him like this why don't you just approach him already? It's been years?"

I took a sip in my drink and sigh.

"I can't"

I look at now drinking Beam.

"I can't bear to see him dead in my arms again."

I whispered.

"Huh? What are you saying?"

"Nothing. Just, A random thought."

He shruggs and begin drinking again. We kept on talking but my eyes are still fixed on Beam until I saw a girl came to him while smiling sweetly, she whispered something but that gestures annoyed me the most. I raised an eyebrow.

"Uh-oh. Think it's not just guys who are into Beam now."

"Shut up."

Arthit keeps on talking the whole time while I am just listening until Beam look at our way. He smiled and wave but I don't know what to do. Should I smile? Wave? I was about to raise my hand when he turned around.

"Fuck. I hate seeing you like this, it's funny."

I threw dagger looks at now laughing Arthit.

"Okay okay. Kidding aside, why don't you just confess. We don't know the possibilities that he reciprocates your puppy love but it's worth it."

If only that can do.

___________________