Part 2

2010

YOONGI: The memory

I carelessly walked out the door, still half asleep as I noticed her again, leaning on my neighbor's car and smiling. She was now following me around for a week and a half but still hasn't decided to give up.

I ignored her as I passed by, but she just pouted cutely while walking behind me like a lost puppy. I don't really give a shit about people that I don't know.

I hardly even give a damn about those that I do.

»Fuck off,« I said and rolled my eyes, but she just whined a little and kissed my cheek softly.

I started to walk faster, but she just did the same, so I turned around, clearly annoyed.

»Look. This won't work on me, okay? I'm gay,« I said, but I told her that almost every day-she never listened.

She smiled: »Oh, hi gay! I'm Ae Ra. Nice to meet you.«

I scoffed.

If she wasn't a girl, I would already kick her ass.

Hard.

When she realized I won't answer or react, she simply grabbed my hand and turned me around.

»Come on, Yoongs.«

I flinched when I heard the nickname and gave her a death glare that would scare 99.9% people to the point where they would shit themselves. She clearly wasn't one of them.

»Listen to me for once. Don't be unreasonable. You know you want this too.«

In fact, I did want this.

The way she was describing it sounded so dreamy and comfortable. It was something new, and even though I hated, no, loathed new things, it somehow attracted me.

I really wanted it.

To the point that I couldn't sleep at night.

But then again, I realized, I'm just so lazy. It would mean that I would have to move. And I hardly found anything that I loathed more than that.

Thus I really really DON'T WANT IT.

»Oh for fuck's sake, woman. Stop convincing me into this shit. You and I both know I won't give in,« I said irritated as I took a step back.

She rolled her eyes.

»If you would just listen, Yoongi! It won't kill you, right?«

I stopped walking and swung my body around (almost struck her with my left arm) so she could have a look at how angry I was.

»Fine! Fuck, just talk. It's all you do, right. Go on, I'm listening.«

At first, she was looking at me as if she doesn't believe what's happening and then she gave me a fake sad smile.

»Don't swear,« she said quietly and I rolled my eyes once again before motioning her to start talking.

She took a deep breath.

Here it goes, I thought and felt even more irritated.

»You know that I want you to be a part of BigHit Entertainment's new group. I don't really know why you don't want to join, but you can tell me whatever it is that you want or don't want, and I'll make it happen.«

She paused, just to give me a small friendly smile.

»You don't want to dance, do you?«

I shook my head as my mood worsened just by the thought of it.