Chapter 9

(Y/N) finally got home to a dark house. At least her parents weren't up, probably. (Y/N) slipped off her black leather school shoes and started walking to the staircase that lead to all of her families rooms. But before she could place her foot on a step, the living room lights flipped on.

"Where were you?" Her mother asked as she sat in the expensive velvet chair, legs crossed.

"I was out with a friend of mine, we s-studied together." The (H/C)-haired girl shakily replied.

"Hmm I see...why do I sense a shit load of lies?"

"I thought I could trust you, but I thought I was wrong. Another waste of a child I see standing in front of me. I really wish you could be more like your sister..." Her mother said as she set down her clear glass of vodka.

"I'm sorry mom." (Y/N) said as she looked at her feet.

Her mother walked toward the ashamed girl and use her two fingers to tilt her chin to make eye contact with the young highschooler.

"You should be. Your friend better not be with the wrong crowd (Y/N), I expect more from you. Why can't you just listen to me? Your father works to provide for this family and so do I. Your sister pulls off good grades, studies all day, is a kind and mannered girl. What do you do for this family? Nothing." She let go of her daughters chin and walked up the stairs, pushing her youngest daughter out of the way.

(Y/N) stood there for a moment before a tear made it's way down her sad; depressed face. She took out her phone and looked at a contact her mind threatened to call. Marco. He was such a nice boy, always supporting her no matter what the situation. In the 'short' period of time he knew of her, he sure of hell was such a kind person. Deciding to call him, she pressed his contact and waited for him to pick up. She wouldn't be surprised if he didn't pick-

"Hello? (Y/N)?" He voice rang on the other side of the phone.

"Marco could you do me a favor? I need help..." The weeping girl asked.

"Are you alright?! What's wrong?!"

Giving up the act of pride, she decided to drop the façade.

"No Marco, I'm not alright. Can I stay the night at your house? I'm sorry if I'm asking to much-"

"Of course not! Your welcome at my house anytime! My parents wouldn't care, not like their here anyway. They went out to a business diner with their client. I'll text you my address, I'll be waiting okay!" He said as he panicked. He wasn't at home, he was on watch out duty with Eren, Reiner, and Sasha.

"Okay...I'll see you soon..." (Y/N) said as she hung up and went upstairs to grabbed a different uniform for tomorrow's school day.

"I have to hurry home!" Marco whisper-yelled as he was currently in the girls front yard.

"How are you going to get home?" Sasha asked.

"I have to run or something, to make sure I'm a step ahead of her!"

"Your one lucky bastard Marco..." Reiner said as he stared at the freckled boy.

"Yeah okay! I'll see you tomorrow at the meeting, um tell Eren that I left!" Marco said as he made a full sprint towards his house.

Marco lived a few blocks from (Y/N) so getting there wouldn't take that long, well as long as he was running. After countless minutes of running, he finally saw his house in view. He ran even more to get to his house to start setting everything up. Once he got to his door, he fumbled with his house keys and finally opened the door. He dropped his bag and ran upstairs to inflate the spare blow-up bed in his room. Of course he was going to let her sleep in his bed instead of the blow-up bed. He organized and few things, and made sure to hide the printed out pictures of (Y/N) in his drawer.

After a few passing minutes, the doorbell rang. He made sure to touch up so he wouldn't look like a person who just finished a marathon with hair blow everywhere. He opened the door to see the girl he loved with wet cheeks and shivering.

"(Y/N) hurry come in, your shivering! You may take a seat wherever you want, I'll go grab a blanket." Marco said as he ran upstairs grabbing a fluffy apple-red blanket. He came back down and wrapped the girl in the blanket.

"Here, this shall do the trick." He sat down beside her on the couch she resided on.

"What happened? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"It was my mom. She was at it again..." Marco tilted his head to the side, confusion written on his face.

"She told me I'm good for nothing, worthless. That I should be more like my older sister, that I do nothing to provide the household. I'm a waste of a child..." (Y/N) said as monotone laced her voice.

"Your none of those (Y/N)! Your amazing, your so nice and smart. I could never ask more from such a special person. Your mom is crazy for calling you that! Just because you don't get the grades like your sister, it doesn't give her the rights to say that about you. Don't take her words seriously okay? Your perfect and I like you the way you are." Marco said as he scooped (Y/N) in his arms.

"T-Thank you M-Marco...I wouldn't know what I would've done without you right now." (Y/N) replied as she snuggled closer to Marco.

"How about this! We can have a movie night, make some popcorn, and get over your stupid family. Does that sound okay?" Marco asked.

"Of course that does Marco. But before I get settled in, may I take a shower?"

"Sure, um I'll show you to the bathroom. Also let me get a towel, I mean like what would you dry off with? Okay follow me." Marco said as he signaled (Y/N) to follow him.

(Y/N) got up and followed Marco upstairs to a nice looking bathroom. The nice granite counters and the bathtub that was clean, perfectly clean.

"Here's your towel and enjoy your shower!" Marco smiled and left the room closing the door behind him.

(Y/N) stripped of her clothing and took a bush from her bag and placed in on the counter. She turned the water on to a Luke warm temperature and stepped into the bath. The water relaxing the girl as she washed her hair and scrubbed her body with the warm vanilla scented body wash. After her shower she grabbed the towel and wrapped it around her body. She went to go comb her hair but her brush was missing. Confused, she cracked the door open and yelled out to Marco.

"Marco have you seen my brush?!"

"A brush? I haven't seen a brush anywhere. Are you sure you brought your brush with you?" He asked.

"Hmm maybe, I'm just confused. Do you have a spare brush I can use?"

"Yeah. Go under the counter and there should be a bag with two combs inside!"

"Thanks again!"

(Y/N) went inside and pulled out the baggy with the combs inside. She then pulled it out and started to comb her hair. Since she used it, she brought it done after she got dressed in her sleepwear. As she went down stairs she saw Marco with a big bowl of popcorn and a scary movie.

"Really Marco, a scary movie? My weak little heart can't take that!" She exclaimed.

"It'll be okay, I'm here with you. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise." He said, finishing his sentence with a deep dark tone.

She went onto the couch and cuddled up next to Marco who deeply enjoyed the signs of affection she gave him. Although Marco mistake for something more than a little action friends do. Oh how he wanted to pull her onto his lap and give her tiny kisses telling her how perfect she is. For those tiny kisses to turn into to something better. To be able to feel her bare body against his own. Before he thought it was only a story he wished to come true, but now he knew it will be sooner in the future. Maybe not too much longer in the future.

The movie went by with a lot of tiny screams from the many jump scares throughout the movie. With (Y/N) pressing herself more up against Marco as she got scared more as the movie began to play out. Marco trying to control the romantic urge surging through his body. The movie time was rather like Hell for both of them. (Y/N) being to scared and spilling the popcorn, and Marco resisting himself. As the movies credits played, (Y/N) took no hesitation on turning off the God awful movie. She sat up and rubbed her eye while letting out a small cute yawn that Marco couldn't help but gawk at.

"I'm tired Marco, we need to go to sleep. We have school tomorrow..."

"Yes that's exactly what I thought also!" He said and got up, taking (Y/N)'s hand and walking upstairs with her.

"You can take my bed while I take the spare. I made sure to put extra blankets since you get cold at night easily."

Too tired to question how he knew a fact such as that, she simply laid down on the bed and curled up into the covers. Marco made sure to bundle here up like a blanket burrito and began to make a trail to his bedroom door.

"W-Wait. Where are you g-going?" She tiredly asked.

"I'm going to clean up the popcorn and my parents just got home." He told her.

(Y/N) just nodded her head and laid back down succumbing to her nightly slumber. Marco walked downstairs to look at the space where they cuddled for the first time in a very long time. A red tint walked it's way onto his cheeks and he looked at what he had in his pocket all along. Marco let out a devilish grin knowing the truth that belonged to the night. His parents weren't home. (Y/N) had already picked up the popcorn mess. And her comb was simply in his grasp. He looked at the small purple comb and brought it up to analyze it more. Some of her hair strands were inside of the comb, hair that belonged to the girl he cherished. Oh how he's going to have a field day with this tomorrow at the club meeting.