Ch.31 'I Swear To God'

******
"Eden, love, wake up." Sage says gently shaking me. I pry my eyes open and see him dressed and ready to go. "I already packed all our things."

"What time is it?" I ask. How did he wake up before me?

"Almost noon." He says.

"Oh wow." I say getting up.

"You needed the sleep." He says shrugging. I swing my legs over the side of the bed and stretch my arms.

"Here." He says handing me some clothes. "I hope this is okay, I just already packed everything and I figured I'd take some clothes out for you." I look at what he chose and it's just some leggings and a t-shirt.

"This is great thanks." I say going to the bathroom to get changed. I see that he left my toothbrush and other toiletries unpacked. I get dressed, brush my teeth, brush and part my hair. I leave the bathroom and Sage isn't in the room and neither are some of our bags. I guess he went to pack the car.

He walks back into the room after I stand there for a bit.

"You ready?" He asks helping me pack the last things that are in the bathroom.

"I'm ready, I just want to say goodbye to everyone." I say. We walk downstairs and I find everyone in the kitchen, even Rodney's here and the Samuels.

"I'm here to say goodbye." I say shyly. Rodney walks up to me and gives me a big hug. Everyone else does the same. Axel's the only one who hasn't said goodbye to me yet. He walks up to me.

"Do you have some time to talk?" He asks me. I look back at Sage and he leans against the wall and gives me a small smile and nod. I follow Axel out the front door.

"What's up?" I ask. He stops and looks at me.

"Do you have to leave?" He asks pain filling his eyes.

"Yes, I have to. My life is up there. Yes some of it is here but, Axel I have to go." I say. He sighs and he visibly shrinks down.

"It's just that we just got you back after years of not seeing or hearing from you." He says.

"I know. I promise to call you and keep in contact with you guys." I say.

"You promise?" He asks. I nod.

"I promise." He pulls me in for a hug. I will miss them but New York is my home now. Well, wherever Sage is, is home.

"You ready now?" Sage asks walking out of the front door. I pull away from the hug and nod.

"Bye." I say waving to Axel as I walk over to Sage and take his hand.

"Bye, Orchid." He smiles at me. "I better hear from you soon or I'm driving up there!" He threatens while smirking.

"I'll hold you to it." I say smiling back at him.

Sage walks me to the passenger side of Carter's car and he opens the door. I get in and start to put my seatbelt on and he closes the door and walks to the drivers side and gets in himself.

"I'm ready to go home." I say once we're both in the car. He smiles at me and starts the car pulling out of the driveway. I put directions to a hotel in my phone. That's where we're staying tonight. Sage said we could've taken the jet back but I said I didn't want to leave Carter's car here.

The drive is filled with laughter, food stops, bathroom stops, gas stops, and music. We just stopped to go to the bathroom and get gas. When we both get back in the car, Sage places his hand on my thigh making me blush. His thumb makes circles on my thigh.

I turn up the music to distract myself and hopefully make the blush go away. It doesn't work. His hand stays firmly planted on my thigh and the blush won't go away.