Chapter 6: In Our Hearts

Anna jumped awake. She waited a couple seconds and looked around seeing Asha and Lucas still asleep. But Y/N was nowhere in sight. Anna confused got up and went searching every room in the house. She was nowhere. Her last chance was the outside. She looked out back first then headed to the front. Once she opened the door there sat Y/N on the front porch staring off into space. Carefully Anna walked over and sat down beside the child.

"Oh hey," Y/N said softly. Anna smiled softly.

"It's freezing out here," Anna mentioned after a couple of moments in the silence. Y/N nods but keeps her eyes onto the trees whose leaves were leaving them slowly but surely. Anna took off the small jacket she had on and wrapped it around the small child. Y/N turned her head to look at Anna.

"You didn't have to give me this," Y/N says going to take it off, but Anna stops her.

"It's alright. I have long sleeves on, you don't," Anna quickly says. Y/N nods and thanks the actress. "You nervous?" Y/N takes a deep breathe and nods her head yes.

"A bit, but it's got to be done," Y/N whispers. Anna nods her head up and down looking out to the nature. The thought of getting up and running passes through her mind, yet she stays put. "Did you sleep any?"

"Probably just an hour. My mind was racing," Anna mentions. "Plus, I've been non stopped forced sleeping, so." Y/N chuckles and nods her head.

"Most likely has something to do with it." Anna nods her head as the front door opens. Both of their heads snap to look behind them.

Anna's eyes flutter open revealing that beautiful blue color in her eyes. Her eyes darted around realizing she was in her room. The actresses mind raced with the dream, more of a memory that had just played. The first time she felt any real feelings for the young girl, Y/N.

"Hey, how you feeling?" A voice spoke. Anna looked to the door to see Asha come over with a water bottle. Anna began to sit up propping herself up on the pillows.

"I'm fine," Anna stated, watching Asha as the girl took a seat on a chair that had been placed by the bed. "What happened?" Asha handed Anna the water bottle, that Anna gladly took.

"You slit your wrist, A," Asha sadly said. The blue eyed actress glanced down at her wrists seeing a bandage cover one. She bit her lip, closing her eyes. "We got here just in time too. Thank you for texting us." Anna picked her head up looking to Y/N's mother. I never texted you, Anna thought to herself. Asha reached out taking Anna's hand in her own. "What's going on Anna?"

"What do you mean?" Anna shifted in her position setting the water bottle on the nightstand where her phone was placed.

"You've been acting..weird." Asha bites her lip as Anna locks eyes with her. "We're worried and we get it. You're mourning but trying to kill yourself. Anna it's-"

"Don't. Don't say it's not worth it," Anna cut her off, looking down at their hands. "I would give anything to see her again, including taking my own life."

"Is that what she would want? Do you really think Y/N would want you to go and fuck up your life because she died saving your ass?" The room went silent. The actress avoided eye contact at all cost, shaking her head. "No she wouldn't. She would want you acting again. She would want you to be happy and living your life."

"How? How can I do any of that when anytime I sleep i have dreams about what happened," Anna paused a moment then continued. "I'm seeing her. I saw her at the funeral. Once everyone left."

"Anna, it's just your imagination." Asha squeezed the girl's hand tightly. "It's not real. You're only making yourself-"

"No! I can...I can feel her." Anna picked her head up locking eyes with the girl. The brunette's eyes filling with tears. "She was here before you and Lucas showed up. She texted you. I never picked my phone up."

"Anna...that's-that's not possible."

"No Asha I swear-" Anna began to cry out. Asha quickly got up from her seat and sat down on the bed wrapping her arms around the tiny girl. Slowly Asha rocks the two back and forth.

"Sh, sh. I got you, I got you," Asha whispered stroking the girl's hair as they rock back and forth. "I miss her too Anna. We all do. It's hard but she died in a honorable way. She saved all of us. We owe her that much and so much more, by living our lives. Y/N will always have a special place in our hearts." All Anna could do was nod her head through her sobbing. Asha placed her chin down on the girl's head continuing to hug her and rock her back and forth till she manages to calm down or cry herself back to sleep.