Chapter 4

I woke up laying on a marshmallow in a strange place. Suddenly, all the memories from yesterday started coming back. I smiled at the thought of everything. Who would have thought that on my eighteenth birthday I would have found my big brother and my mate?

Deciding it was time for breakfast, I got off the bed, well, tried to. Heavy arms were wrapped around my waists, making me unable to get up. I felt something hard yet soft underneath me. I turn around to find my one and only mate sleeping next to me. His face nuzzled into my neck, making him seem cute. Although, I still wanted to eat.

As much as I tried getting off, his arms would only tighten around my waist. I groan and stared at the ceiling when a plan popped into my head.

I screamed.

Apparently, that worked since he woke up in a flash, looking around the room. Once he spotted me, he wrapped his arms around my waist once more, calming down.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"You," I said poking his cheek.

"Me?"

"Why are you here? And frankly, I don't remember this being my room" I said looking around.

"Well, yesterday night, I couldn't sleep so I decided that I'd bring you into my room." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"You couldn't have asked me before I went to bed?"

"You were already asleep when I came to ask you."

"Alright then. I forgive you...."

"If you show me where the kitchen is"

"Alright"

I got off the bed and made my way towards the bathroom, to freshen up. Just as I placed my hand on the doorknob, I forgot a small detail. I turned around to look at my mate in a nervous way.

"This might be kinda awkward but, what's your name?"

He chuckled and smiled at me, which made me feel a bit more comfortable around him.

"Hunter, what's your name?"

"Emma."

He muttered something that almost sounded like my name before a smile was placed on his lips. I smiled in his direction before entering the bathroom. I looked into the mirror and smiled at my luck. I brushed a piece of my hair away from my face and stared into the mirror.

As I said before, I had light brown hair with dark brown eyes. It really was nothing special, I mean, half the world has light brown hair with dark brown eyes.

Although, what I love about how I look, is that I look exactly like my father. People said that if I was a few years older, dad and I could be twins. Sadly, people never got to see that day.

I looked away from the mirror and decided it was time to get ready. After a while, I got out of the bathroom to find Hunter sitting on the bed on his phone.

"Let's go"

Hunter stood up from the bed and made his way to the door when I stopped him. He looked at me confused until I pointed at his outfit.

He was wearing boxers.

There is no way in hell I'm letting my mate go out in boxers.

He made his way to the closet and took a minute before walking out in a pair of shorts. Satisfied, we began our walk towards the kitchen. However, on our way to the kitchen, we stopped as we saw Dylan, who was sitting on a chair in the living room, holding ten apples as he tried to eat them all in one bite.