Chapter 9

I pulled away from my not-yet first kiss and held my head, holding back a groan.

'EMMA LEE JONES, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?'

'Sam, you're giving me a headache.'

'I DON'T CARE. YOU, YOUNG LADY, HAVE TEN MINUTES TO COME BACK HERE OR ELSE I'M SPOILING ENDGAME.'

'WHAT THE--

'DON'T YOU DARE CURSE YOUNG LADY. NOW, ABOUT IRON MAN---'

'I'M COMING!'

"Emma? Emma!"

"Yes," I groaned as I held my head, trying to soothe my headache.

"Are you okay? I've been calling your name for the past few minutes" Hunter asked worriedly.

"I'm fine."

"No, you aren't, what's wrong?"

"Sam mind linked me, telling me that I had ten minutes to come back or else he'll spoil endgame for me."

Hunter stayed silent for a moment before pulling me closer to him and whispered,

"I'm fine with that."

I pushed him away and glared at him.

"What? Is it wrong for me to want to have my mate to myself?"

"If I'm about to get spoiled, yes."

"But--

"Hunter" I growled.

"I love it when you say my name baby" He winked.

He then winked at me, making me blush furiously. Still, I gave him the biggest glare I could muster, making him sigh.

"Alright, alright, let's go back to the pack."

He intertwined our hands before leading the way back towards the pack. We walked towards the pack in comfortable silence.

The smell of the flowers and trees filled the air with the pleasant scent of nature. The sight of the moon was truly magnificent as was the forest itself.

When we finally arrived at the house, all it took was one knock on the door for it to swing open and someone to pull me into a hug. I gasped at the sudden gesture and Hunter growled.

"Where were you? I have been worried sick!" Sam exclaimed as he pulled away from our hug, and began checking my body for injuries.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt? Ugh, I should have known that--

"Sam, I'm fine," I reassured him.

"Good. Now you can tell me, WHAT THE HELL YOU WERE THINKING GOING OUT WITHOUT TELLING ME!"

"I told Amy" I mentioned quietly.

"WHAT ABOUT ME?"

"I--

Suddenly, arms found their way towards my waist and Hunter stood beside me, growling at Sam.

"Back off Sam."

"I have a right to be angry. This is my sister we're talking about."

"She's also MY mate and YOUR future Luna."

Hunter exclaimed as he pulled me closer to him, which I didn't think is possible. I glared at Hunter, before shifting out of his hold and walking towards Sam.

"Hunter, he's my brother. He has a right to be angry."

"But--

"I know you were defending me, and I appreciate it. But he's my brother and your Beta so could you please stop being rude?"