A New Day, A New Beginning

The light hits my eyes forcing me to open my eyes. My head spins as I gradually push myself up.

"Careful," Rocky says besides me.

I turn to face him. I don't remember what happened, just that I was crying in his arms. I hate that I was helpless in his arms.

"What happened?" I say rubbing my neck.

"You've spent the whole night crying, Sky. You know that can't be good."

I nod. "It feels hazy."

"Well it would," he says handing me a tablet and a glass of water. "What do you think happens when you spend the whole night crying? It's hard Sky, I get it but what's done is done. We cannot change the past, we can only make the future."

"Calanharo."

"What?" He asks beside me.

"I'm not really a Calanharo."

Rocky shakes his head. "You are a Hamilton."

That makes me smile but it doesn't last long. Soon I won't be a Hamilton either. My identity...is nonexistent.

I don't know if Rocky is counting down the days, but I am. There are exactly four days left before I leave the Hamilton name behind. Four days before I leave Rocky for good. Suddenly it dawns on me that when I do leave Hamilton behind, will I ever be able to go back to Calanharo. Will I ever be able to to go back to mum and dad.

Where will my home be?

It seems a little odd once I leave Rocky to go back my old place. The isolation and privacy was once what I craved but no longer need or want.

Rocky clicks in front of my face pulling me out of my thoughts. "You okay?"

I nod. "Fine."

He smiles but I can tell he isn't happy. He can sense my pain and he feels it too.

"Are you going to speak to them to sort it out?"

I shake my head. "When they leave the house at four o'clock, I'm heading to their place."

Rocky watches me in confusion. "If they're not there then what's the point."

"They're hiding something. I'm not a Calanharo, that's what they told me. Somehow that's not the whole truth."

"Sky," he says grabbing my hand. "Should you really be pushing this?"

"Yes," I say adamantly. "They're not being honest and I'm going to get to the bottom of it."

"How?" Rocky asks giving my hand a squeeze. "By searching their place."

I nod.

"That isn't right, Sky."

"They said it, not me. Technically they may not be my biological parents but I'm still considered their daughter. By that nature, their place is my place. So there is nothing wrong in what I'm doing."

Rocky frowns. "Well if you're going to be adamant then I guess I'm going with you."

—————————

Parked at the end of the street, I watch as my parents car drives past and turns down the road.

"I feel like a criminal," Rocky says beside me.

I give him a sharp look. "You've done worse."

"Fair enough," he says starting the engine and driving down the street and stopping at my parents place.