Chapter 23

I don't know why I even kicked Jake out, because I knew he'd be back and I knew I'd let him back in. Pictures that paparazzis took surfaced of him and Morgan kissing and practically having sex with each other outside the bar too, yet I still took him back. At least we had good make up sex from it.

He kept telling me he was sorry and that he'd never put his hands on me again. He kept telling me he'd never get with Morgan again, and he kept telling me he loved me and wanted to marry me.

It was starting to get hard to believe. I felt like we had a conversation about Morgan every week and he still talked to her, I knew he did. He always texted her and I was pretty sure they sent each other pictures of themselves constantly. I was too scared to check his phone to see what was actually going on.

Jake also was using a lot more than he normally did. It scared me more than anything. I knew he was doing it to relieve stress in some way because he knew his dad didn't have much time and he barely wanted to be conscious for it. He was going to end up killing himself and I kept telling him to relax and he wouldn't.

I was laying on the couch with him and he was tucking strands of hair behind my ear and kissing my temple.

"I'll be right back." He said and he got up.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Bathroom." He said.

"Okay." I said and he kissed me before walking down the hall. I knew he wasn't going to the bathroom. He was coming down from his high and wanted more. I let him though and just didn't say anything.

He came back out after and he climbed on top of me and kissed me.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said and he nuzzled his head against my shoulder and he kissed my ear.

"You don't get any loving because I know what you just did." I said.

"What did I just do?" He asked.

"You're high." I said.

"I've been high." He said and I wiped his nose.

"It's on your nose dumbass." I said and he sat up and rubbed his nose and he sighed.

"I was coming down." He said.

"Trust me, I know." I said and he cupped my cheek.

"Love on me. Please? I need some loving." He said.

"You already got some loving." I said.

"I want it now." He said.

"Ask politely." I said.

"Can I please fuck you until you can't walk?" He asked and somehow made it cute. I laughed and he smiled and locked his lips to mine.

"I really am not in the mood." I said into the kiss and he looked up at me.

"I'll make you feel good." He said.

"You always make me feel good for the most part, I just don't want to fuck tonight. We did a lot earlier." I said and he nodded.

"Okay." He sighed and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Do you want to head over to the hospital with me?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm driving though." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because you're high." I said.

"I can drive normally." He said.

"It's fine." I said and he sighed and nodded. He just accepted the fact that I was driving, and we got ready.