1: Welcome To New York

Taylor Says: New York was a key factor in her life the past few years.

Message: We begin our story in New York.

I glance over Madison High School. Never in a million years did I think I would be graduating from a new school.

Though this year, is now about the new, the now.

New haircut, new opportunities- I'm shoved into a stranger. New friends...

A lot of people show the same reactions. Excited, tired, depressed, and casual. I was all of those feelings at the same time.

You'll do great. Just breathe. -Selena

Okay, my best friend, is right. I just need to focus. This move was for my career.

New adventures...

The bell rings loudly over the hallways and people start to scatter.

Well, my first adventure is finding my first hour.

*

"Miss Swift, is there a reason you're late?" the director looks at me as I walk in, along with the rest of the class.

"Sorry, uh, I'm new here. I didn't know my way around."

"You're new here... Well, Miss Swift, is that what you're going to say when you're playing in a new city in front of thousands of people? That you didn't know your way around the city because you were new?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Sit." And I do, in the nearest seat possible.

"I am Mr. Keller. I will be your instructor for this class. Now, many people here think they have the courage and the passion to be in this business, but they don't. In fact, more than half of you cannot simply live up to the expectations of what is become of this city. There is a new something right around the corner every day. Everyone here, is different, in their own way. This industry looks for fresh meat. For something they haven't quite heard before. Anyone of you could be that someone."

He glances over us.

"This city is one of few that can change your life. The city that never sleeps. The Big Apple. The City of Angels-" "Sir, isn't that Los Angeles?" A girl raises her hand.

"Did I ask you to interrupt?"

"No sir." "Then don't."

"Now... where were we? Ah yes," he walks up to the stage and pulls a rope, making the curtain fall. "Welcome,"

I'm astonished at the scene in front of me through the glass window.

"to New York.."

In this moment I was sure I made the right choice.