12|| Teases and Texts

The sheets felt so smooth against my bare skin. The warmth that surrounded me was enough to convince my mind to just stay right there. But the sun in my eye wasn’t letting me do just that.

I slowly peeked one eye open, letting it adjust to the strength of the rays before opening the other. With me laying on my side facing the window, the view that I was welcomed with was beautiful. It was the feeling that I knew that today was going to be good, that contented me the most.

As I tried to turn over to avoid the blaring sun for just a bit, I realised then a light pressure that was resting on my waist. Looking down, I saw a delicate arm across it. My eyes naturally trailed up the arm, to a toned shoulder, and finally landing on the face of the owner. That view was even better than the last. Her eyes were still closed and her rosy lips were slightly parted. I had the sudden urge to touch those plump lips, wondering just how soft they were...

My hand unconsciously lifted from the sheets and went to cup her perfect cheeks, my mind’s inhibition non-existent this early in the morning. Before I could discover the plumpness of her cheeks, Leah shifted slightly as she moaned softly to herself. I had no time to retract my hand as she fluttered open her eyes a second later.

Hazel eyes gazed into blues. One holding confusion and the other alarmed. As both of us started to register the situation, we didn’t dare move an inch, just waiting for the other to be the first to speak. Turns out she was the braver one here.

“Were you about to stroke my face?” she giggled humorously.

“Hell no!” I said indignantly. “I saw drool coming out of your mouth.”

Leah quickly wiped the back of her hand against her lips, coming up empty. She squinted her eyes at me in playful annoyance. “You liar.”

Grinning from ear to ear, I dodged the blow from the pillow aimed at me. “Hey! Chill! I was just joking!” I laughed out.

She hit me two more times with the soft pillow before stopping, finally satisfied. “You meanie,” she pouted childishly, although I have to admit, it was adorable.

“Awww, sorry Leah bear. What can I do to make it better?” I asked, loving how I could use her nickname so freely.

“You can get me food.”

“You might have to show me where it is, since this is your house after all,” I said, feigning ignorance.

“No! You know I meant outside food,” she chuckled, playfully shoving me slightly away as we laid facing each other. “You gotta bring me out to eat to make it up to me for being a meanie,” she demanded.

“Alright! Fine. Sorry for being a meanie, ” I jokingly relented. “By the way, are you feeling better from last night?”

I didn’t intend for the question to have a double meaning, but it ended up that way. Her demeanour changed slightly as she was reminded of last night's events, reality setting in once more.

“Yeah. I’m better,” she mumbled, her smile a little more forced than I would have liked.

She sat up then and I followed her lead. Getting up, she went to the connecting toilet and disappeared for a minute, making me worry about how I shouldn’t have asked her that. I should’ve just let it go. Before my mind could continue to overthink itself out, she returned from the bathroom looking more refreshed and ready for the day.

Walking to her door, she opened it and looked back at me. “You coming for breakfast?”

I scrambled up from the bed and followed the hazel-eyed beauty out of the room, ready to feed my grumbling tummy.