21|| Hickies and Truths

A/N

Alright, this is a warning that there is gonna be A LITTLE NASTINESS ahead (if you know what I mean), so read ahead at your own caution! And enjoy the chapter! 'Nuff from me. ReAd oN!!

__________________

“I think something happened between Gia and Zach.”

“Hmm? What do you mean?”

Tapping out a rhythmic beat against the steering wheel, I bit my bottom lip in contemplation. “I can sense this... tension between them- and before you say it, it’s not the sexual kind.”

“I wasn’t going to say that,” Leah unconvincingly lied as a chuckle escaped her lips. “I’ve actually noticed though. When you asked her about hanging out today, she immediately looked unsure when you mentioned Zach was coming.”

“Yeah, it’s like she’s avoiding him...” I trailed off, pausing as I thought. “Should I ask Zach what’s going on?”

Leah hesitated in answering. “I... wouldn’t do that. Maybe you should talk to Gia directly to find out what’s up? She is your best friend,” she pointed out.

I groaned in frustration. “She keeps dodging my questions though! I’ve been trying, but she won’t budge. I know something is up though, and I want to find out.”

“Babe, you sure going to Zach is the best idea, though? I think letting them sort it out might be better.”

“But-”

“Yo, peeps,” Gia announced as she opened the backseat door to my car and got in, instantly stopping our conversation. “You guys weren’t about to make out, were you? Because I'll just take my own car,” she teased.

“Gia...” I said warningly as Leah snickered into her hand.

“What? I know one of these days I’ll accidentally cock block you, so right now, I’m making the effort to not do that. Appreciate the effort, Aly.”

All I did was grunt in response and start to pull away from Gia's house. My best friend was a weirdo sometimes- no, most of the time.

“I appreciate the effort, Gia,” Leah decided to quip.

“Don’t encourage her, babe,” I groaned

Gia leaned into the space between the front seats “Thank you, Leah. At least someone is.”

“Seatbelt,” was all I said. Gia huffed and sat back with a plop.

“You’ll never know when she might barge in and interrupt us, Lys,” she reasoned, then lowered her voice so only I could hear. “And well, I could imagine many scenarios just off the top of my head.”

I shifted slightly in my seat, unable to stop the dirty images from playing in my mind. Lust clouded my vision like an oncoming storm as all the possible scenarios played in front of my eyes like a scene.

What if something did happen in the car just now? Kisses would be exchanged, turning deeper, desperate and more passionate as we continued. Then she’d unbuckle her seatbelt, not separating our lips. She’d slowly and gracefully climb over the middle console, straddling my la-

“Babe, you just passed the place.”

“Sh*t!” I exclaimed as I tried to find the closest place to U-turn and get back to the bowling place. My lustful thoughts had taken over my mind, and Leah knew that was the case because she had this smug grin on her face. “Don’t say a word.” She lifted her hands up in defence.