Chapter Sixteen

•Chapter 16•
*Alexs POV*

I start pacing impatiently. I was expecting a text back. A phone call. Something to tell me what was happening. It was already six. He should have ended it by now. He should be here. What's wrong? I had a gut feeling that something was wrong but it couldn't be. It was a simple pack the bag, end it, walk away, come here. There's no time to stop. Maybe he didn't want to leave August? Maybe he backed down? But wouldn't he at least spare me a text?

Instead of waiting I decide to send a quick text of "Hey, how is everything?"

I set my phone down, waiting for the reply. It shouldn't take long, Ethan always replies quick. That's one good thing.

"Stop pacing. You'll drill a tunnel into the floor." Nadine mumbles.

I look at her frustrated. She knows what I'm going through right now. Panic. Anger. Confusion. Everything bubbling together.

My phone starts ringing.

I grab it quickly and answer it.

"Thank god you finally called." I breathe out.

"Ah. If only it was the person you wish." I hear August chuckle from the other end.

"Where's Ethan." I growl.

"Safe. For now. Tomorrow evening. 6pm sharp. You better be at the abandoned barn on Hallow street, alone, or you won't see your pretty boy alive again." I could practically hear the smirk on his face.

"Fine. Just let me talk to him. To make sure he's okay."

I hear some shuffling and distant talking.

"Alex?" He croaks out.

"Hey! Hi! Ethan? Are you okay?" I talk fast, knowing I likely don't have long.

"I'm alright. Please don't come." I could hear his hiccups. He's been crying.

"Don't say that. I need to."

"No. Please. You don't understand he's-"

The line goes dead. I got hung up on.

"Shit!" I yell.

"Is everything okay?" Matthew asks.

"No. Of course not. Ethan is held captive and the only way to save him is giving myself up to get turned into some creature. What am I supposed to do? My family won't fight with me." I sigh.

"No. Only your father won't." Nadine looks up at me, confusion written on her face.

"Looks like the whole gang is getting back together." I sigh.

******

After endless phone calls, arguments, plane tickets and hours of waiting, everyone is here.

I look around at my family and friends. Isabella, Isaac, my mother, Alice, Chandler, and family friends from my childhood. A bunch of vampires in my living room. What a nightmare.

"Okay. Everyone. This is Nadine and Matthew. They're both human. But they're incredibly smart and they're going to help plan out everything." I speak up.

"Why should we trust some humans?" A family friend, I think his name was Kyle, says.

"Because they've been my friends this entire time and they helped me catch the enemy."

"If they helped you catch the enemy then why are we here, trying to kill the enemy." Someone else yells.

Everyone nods in agreement with a couple "yeahs" being yelled. So many questions start popping up.