Chapter 6

Again I got to close up tonight. It was later tonight only because many people came in right before closing.

"I'll see you Tomorrow" Grace said as she went out the door.

"Yeah." I smiled grabbing my things.

I heard the door open and went to tell that person we were closed. I looked up about to but stopped when I saw it was Mason.

"I swear I'm not a stalker." He said coming in with his hands up.

I smirked pulling my coat on. "Oh yeah? Then how did you know I was still here?"

"I took a wild guess. I was just coming to see if you where I'm after what happened. That and you stood me up for your number and hurt my pride a little."

I chuckled seeing the little pout he gave.

"Well I'm sorry I did that." I made my way around to him turning off the lights as I went by.

"Can I take you home?"

"No I'm fine. I'm just going to walk." I smiled starting to walk. I didn't want him to see me get on a bus. I already told him that I don't have a phone. Let's not show him how broke I am.

A big clap of thunder made me slow my speed. The first drop of water had me turning back to him.

"You still fine?" He smirked putting his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"Fine."

"I'm sorry what was that?" He leaned closer cupping his hand around his ear like he couldn't hear me in the first place.

"Mason." I laughed

"No kitten I got to hear you ask now. You see I was nice enough to ask but you just keep shooting me down."

"That's not my name."

He shrugged his shoulders and turned around walking towards his car. As if on cue another big clap of thunder this time accompanied by lightning came.

"Ok ok! Mason please take me home!" He stopped and looked back at me. For a moment I was thinking he was going to say no. It wouldn't be the first time I had gotten rejected so I was prepared.

But then something else happened. A smile went on his face as he started to laugh and motion for me to get in the car.

I ran around to the passenger side seat and got into this nice car.

I was so shocked with how warm it was inside when I sat down. I had never been in a car this nice before. It was actually kinda scary and I didn't know how to react.

"Alright were to?"  Mason asked jumping into the car. The rain started to fall but it wasn't horrible yet.

"Make a right down here." I was giving him directions rather then say out loud where I lived. I wasn't to proud of it and he was going to see that soon.

"So what do you think about letting Flynn coming to the gym? Is that something you still want?"

Seeing Flynn's face light up like it did today...I say no and hurt him so much more. That was something I couldn't do.

"I mean if you wouldn't mind. It could probably give him something to do now that he doesn't have school."

"So he really got into some trouble I see."

I sighed nodding my head "I'm shocked. He's never done something like this. I mean I didn't even know that he had a bully."

"Takes a lot to stand up to one."

"Yeah but I don't condone fighting." He looked over to me as we stopped at a red light.

"Really?"

"Yes. I mean watching someone beat up another person is just horrible to think about."

"Hmm." He turned back to the light as it went green and started going again.

I gave him the rest of the directions and soon he was pulling up right outside my house.

He looked up at the small apartment with shock written all over his face.

"Well thanks again." I gathered my things and went to get out but he stopped me

"Wait can I get your number." He laughed starting to grab for his own phone.

"I wasn't lying Mason. I don't have a phone." The smile on his face got small as he looked back out the window at my apartment.

"Why don't I just give you the address then? If your free tomorrow you can bring him by at around 2?"

"Yeah that's great." He reached over me and pulled out a paper and pen out of the console. He wrote everything down for me and handed me the paper.

"Great I have off tomorrow actually so this works out perfect."

He smiled nodding his head.

"Thanks again." I said reaching for the door pushing it open.

"Of course kitten."

I turned back to him as I stood out of the car.

"Why do you call me that?"

"You just remind me of it." He smirked.

"Goodnight kitten."

"Goodnight Mason." I laughed closing the door and walking up to the apartment.