Book one: Chapter forty three

Zuri's POV

The party was now in a full swing. Fia despite me giving her a slight cold shoulder is still here with me, telling me funny things and gossip. They made me laugh and forget all my worries.

There's also Jay here who's flirting with Fia non stop. She isn't bothered though and is boldly flirting back, I won't be surprised if she tells me tomorrow morning something happened between them tonight.

I'm happy being here with the people that I belong to. People who understand me and relate to what I go through, yeah people of the lower class like me with the exception of Fia who's the golden girl here.

Some workers I know kept stealing glances at her and whispered to themselves, I'm sure they're wondering what the heck, Fia Gianni is doing on our table when she should have been at the table reserved for royalty just like Mrs Gianni my sweetest and adorable mother in-law said, note the sarcasm people.

The introduction and most of the things have been given. It's left with speeches from the owners of the company. Mrs Gianni is really enjoying herself as if she didn't glare at me and get tempered an hour ago, she really can fake. It's as if she's practiced being fake her whole life as a Gianni gosh.

She sends death glares once in a while towards me. To which I huff and maintain a straight face, I won't give her the satisfaction of making her see I'm affected by what she does. Even if I do, it's within me like hell I want her to think she's victorious.

Me sitting alone before Fia came did me a great good. I thought about things and I've decided it's best if I forgot what's going on. Forget about the dream, forget about Lui's parents not accepting me.

Though their acceptance is really important in our relationship and our future marriage, I have to forget about they not liking me for their son and concentrate on loving Lui more like he asked me to. He is the most important person to me and I can't bear to lose him because of that.

Speaking of him, I can see him from the corner of my eye, their table is on my right side so I can see and Fia is on my left with Jay.

Yaaay! Someone misses me, I can see him tugging at his hair and trying everything possible to get my attention.

I've been messing with him by pretending to be interested and contributed to what those two soon to be lovers beside me are blabbing about, movies, precisely GOT, I'm not a big fan so I don't know what to say but to mess with Lui I chirp in a word or to.

Girl I'm going to piss in my panties, Lui is looking cute. He has a sad face on like a kid who's been denied a candy, gosh my baby misses me so bad and I do too.

Yeah he is going to, we've not really been intimate since that day and all the affection shown were one sided, from Lui to me.

I think I was falling into depression, all what happened took a heavy toll on me emotionally and I couldn't say anything to Lui or anyone, so.

I'm thinking of you know making it up to him to tonight, for all the care and attention he gave me.

It was massive and heart warming to know I not only had a boyfriend but a caring one too who thinks much of my happiness and well being like I do to him.

Butterflies by Kacey Musgraves went off. It's the message tone for my baby boo cause he's giving me the butterflies in the pit of my stomach. I opened his message and read it.
Loml❤️💍🌹💫 : Baby❤️ what are you doing there😒?
Me: sitting you dumbass😂❤️
Loml❤️💍🌹💫: ikr sassy mouth😂❤️ but that isn't your place. You're my 👸 so your place is here with me, beside your 🤴🙄. Get your ass yo here rn🌚
Me: No😌
Loml❤️💍🌹💫: Baby😒..... let me see you here. I'm serious, I'm counting to three... 1
Me: 🤸🏽‍♀️
Loml❤️💍🌹💫: 2.....😒
Me: 🤸🏽‍♀️🤸🏽‍♀️😂
Loml❤️💍🌹💫: Zuri😬👿