𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Phoenix looked back at the Peacekeeper as they shoved her and Cassian into the train, with the doors closing quickly behind them

     Phoenix looked back at the Peacekeeper as they shoved her and Cassian into the train, with the doors closing quickly behind them. "What the hell was that?" Phoenix yelled, looking around for an answer. "Phoenix! Language, please!" Ivanna sounded almost offended at the girl's outburst.

She looked at Ivanna in disbelief with Cassian's voice cutting her off before she could reply. "They're throwing us back into the games and they don't have the decency to let us say goodbye to our families?" Cassian adds with Phoenix nodding in agreement.

Ivanna and Maeve looked at each other, then back at the tributes. Maeve sighed, understanding where her tributes were coming from, yet knowing they had no time for any outburst.

"We all know what they're doing is horrible, this whole thing is horrible!" Maeve exclaimed, raising her voice slightly. "Do you think we don't know that?" Both Cassian and Phoenix made a point not to make eye contact with their mentor as she tried to reason with the two.

"I even bleached my hair and eyebrows as a sort of protest for how unfair the idea is." The three victors looked at the out-of-touch Capitol woman, taken back by what she said, yet Ivanna looked pleased with herself. "You are so brave, Ivanna," Cassian replied, sitting down before burying his face in his hands.

"Look, we can't sit here and argue about it because in one week you both will be in the biggest fights of your lives!" Maeve paused for a moment, trying to make the two understand the severity of this week.

"And I'm sorry, I really am, but we don't have enough time for this," Maeve exclaimed, her eyes slightly red. "Now, please, sit down, so we can see what and who we're up against. " She pleaded.

This outburst caught the two off guard. Neither Phoenix nor Cassian knew what to say, so they didn't say anything at all.

Maeve wiped under her eyes while Ivanna turned the television on. The faces of the first Career tribute popped up on the screen. Cashmere and Gloss from District 1 followed by Brutus and Enobaria from District 2. Cassian's head shot up once he heard their names being called out.

"Those are real?" Phoenix cringed while looking at Enobaria's razor-sharp teeth that she showed off with pride. "They're what she's known for. It seems she wanted everyone to remember it." Ivanna reminded them of Enobaria's final moments of her games, where she ripped out the throat of another tribute. "I think they're cool," Cassian reveals, getting confused looks from everyone in the room.

"You would." Phoenix mumbles. Her attention stayed on Cassian for a moment, watching the excitement and admiration that was plastered all over his face while looking at the four Career tributes. She ignored his excitement but kept his reaction to the Careers in the back of her mind.

"Beetee and Wiress smarted their way out of the games but are not a threat." Maeve tried to get the two back on track, knowing just by looking at Phoenix that she wasn't listening. She was too busy trying to ignore the dread that was filling her, she knew what District was next and it made her feel sick.