Epilogue

A few more months pass, everything running smoothly. Your boss' passing is easily fixed, a newer, much nicer woman replacing him and actually giving you a promotion and a raise. You'd gotten closer to everyone in your home, starting a garden that Brahms and Jason helped you with, watching movies every friday night with Danny, Norman, Freddy and Michael, Lecter teaching you the basics when it came to patching up wounds, and Thomas and Bubba would go on walks with you almost daily, helping you cook and clean as well. You were a lot more well known when it came to your reports and articles, respected by a lot of the other reporters you worked with. Danny, who had come out of his shell a little more in public, was even your official assistant, making the same amount of money as you and making it easier to afford housing 10 people. You'd set up more beds in the basement so Hannibal, Thomas and Bubba didn't have to sleep on couches.Your life was shaping up to be perfect, and as always, Bubba woke the house with breakfast ready, Brahms having made a simple bacon and eggs, your taught recipe. You heard Danny rocketing downstairs before you were even out of bed, hearing his excited whooping at the smell of his beloved bacon.

The sun filtering through your window is bright, gorgeous, the chattering of birds, soothing as always. You step out into the hallway, smiling at Jason as he does the same.

"Good morning, Jason." you say through a yawn,

'Good morning', he signs back. The two of you had been taking ASL lessons with Michael (when the Shape felt like it, he was very moody and lazy sometimes), and it had been going well. You could carry a light conversation at this point. 'Sleep well?', Jason asks, tilting his head. You nod, and with choppy movements, you sign back,

'Yes, you?'. Jason nods in response and begins to lead the way to the stairs. The kitchen is filled with motion, Danny struggling to sneak a piece of bacon, Brahms slapping his hand away from the pan every few seconds, Bubba grabbing plates and cups and forks and knives from the cupboards and drawers, and now you and Jason, pushing your way through towards the dining room. Freddy, Hannibal, Norman and Thomas were already sitting, Michael entering the room just behind you- you hadn't heard him following behind you on the way downstairs.

"Good morning." he says in his gruff voice, taking a seat at the table across from you.

"Good morning, (Y/N), Mr. Voorhes, Mr. Myers." Hannibal nods to each of you, Norman waving timidly as always.

"Where's the damn food, wall man?" Freddy shouted, making you chuckle at his name for Brahms; you'd heard him say 'mouse dude' and 'closet creeper' but never 'wall man'.

"Be patient!" Brahms tuts, carrying in two plates of food at a time. The table is oddly silent, save for Danny's excited sounds as he waited for his dish, but once all the plates were down it erupted into a mish-mash of clinking silverware and the slicing of knives.

"This is amazing Brahms!" Danny fawns, cramming bacon in his mouth. "Maybe even better than when (Y/N) makes it!"

"Not possible!" Brahms says quickly in an attempt to spare your potentially hurt feelings, but you just smile and nod.

"It's really good, Brahms, thank you for-" you're interrupted by a sharp knocking on your door, making you startle. "I-I'll go get it, just stay quiet for a second please and thanks." you say, standing from your seat. Just before you step into the kitchen, the people at the door knock again, and you freeze, terrified of their words,

"Police, open up!" you glance over your shoulder at the killers, furrowing your brow and weathering your lip. "Open up!" the officers repeat, and you hurry forwards and to the door. Your hand is trembling slightly as you grab and twist the door handle, flashing a nervous smile.