72

"Princess?"

"..."

"Babe?"

"..."

"Maddy?"

"..."

"Mads?"

"..."

"Madison!"

"What do you want Noah?" I say with an exsparated voice while slowly walking down the corridors. He was attempting to keep with my pace as I continuously rubbed my sweaty palms against my jeans.

Why the fuck am I so nervous?

"You need to calm down."

"You need to shut the fuck up and let me panic in peace." He didn't seem fazed by the fact that I was snapping at him. I'm pretty sure with all the cheer games coming to a close and school bombarding me, I've been giving him a hard time.

I asked not to sit in the visiting area with her and asked to see her behind bars, where she belongs.

I reached the door that lead down to another corridor that lead to her cell. Noah spun me around and planted a kiss on the crook of my neck before letting me lean into his arms.

"You'll be fine, I'm here with you. Always."

I smiled up at him before opening the door and slowly walking down the corridor, passing all the empty cells before I catch my eye on the last one.
She looked up before rolling her eyes.

"What the hell do you want?" She said with a gruff voice. I folded my arms while looking at her. The guard standing by the door opened it for me to enter the cell. Noah's hand grabbed me before I walked in and he lead behind me, entering as well.

She sat on a chair in front of a table with her hands resting on it. "I repeat. What do you want?"

"Just came to visit my dear sweet mother." I said in a sarcastic voice.
"Save the bullshit." She said in a low voice, slowly rising from her chair. I inwardly gulped in fear but I held my own.

Don't let her get to me. Don't let her get to me...

"So, how's school?"

"Like you would give a flying fuck." I muttered loud enough for her to hear. She rolled her eyes once more before flicking her blonde hair out of her face and I pushed mine out of the way.

"At least we know where your attitude came from." Noah muttered. and I shot him a death glare and watched as my mom sat down in her seat, clearly amused.

I scoffed before walking over to her and placing my hands down on the table and leaning forward. "I know it was you." I warned. "You must think you're so brave, confronting me like this." She said looking at me dead in the eyes.

"Why can't you just admit what you've done!" I raise my voice while throwing my hands in the air and pacing back and forth in the cell.

"You sent the notes to me making my life a living fucking hell!"

"I'd pay the person that's doing this to you." She said cocking her head to the side to glance at Noah who was leaning against the brick wall in the corner with his hands shoved in his pockets.

"You're not getting out of here any time soon so save yourself now." I said.

"I didn't do shit to your accusing dumb ass."

I inwardly flinched at that comment. Sure, I'm a forward person but I'm not...accusing. I have every right to assume it was her.

"How the hell can I do it anyway?" She began getting up again. "I haven't seen the light of day since the trial, I've not spoken to anyone, you're the only person that's visiting me," She says walking towards me and I find myself frozen in the spot.

This was a bad idea.

"I don't know what fucking notes your talking about. So explain to me how it could have been me? Huh?" She said finally reaching me. She was so close to me and I could feel her triumphant smile towering over me.

She loving the fact that she gets to me and is taunting me and mocking me about it...all in that one smile.

"I-I-I don't know." I replied quietly.

"Oh! You don't know?!" She said with a fake voice before letting out a laugh. "You have some nerve for coming up to me and-"

"I know who did it."

I turned around to face Noah while she went back to her seat. "What do you mean you know who did it?" I said in a low, menacing voice.

"You're wasting your time because-"

"BECAUSE WHAT NOAH?! WHO WAS IT!" I let out and ran a hand through my hair.

"I can't tell you."

"So what was the fucking point in that?" My mom said with a confused look and I cocked my head in agreement.

"It was Mia ok!? I came over last night and saw her put a note on your window shield."

"Wait. Winters?" She asked and I nodded. "I'm sorry for wasting your time." I whispered lowly at my mother before grabbing my bag and walking out of the cell. I sped walked to the car and Noah was having trouble keeping up with me...again.

Deja Vu much???

"Madi-"

"You know what's so funny?" I said in the most sarcastic voice ever. "I entered this place looking for answers and I'm leaving this place...still looking for answers!"

"Baby I'm-"

"Don't you fucking baby me!"I said, my hair moving in whipped motion from the speed of my turn, pointing a finger at him. "You do NOT have that right! At least not anymore." I muttered the last bit before walking to my car.

*****************

"Madison please talk to me."

I scoffed while feeding Rosie. So, long story short, he found a way into my house even though I slammed the door in his face and to say I'm mad at him is an understatement.

I'm fucking fuming.

I sat down on my couch and he joined me.
"If it's about me not helping you when your mom was interrogating you, I'm sorry I just thought you had it under cont-"

"It has nothing to do with that." I whispered staring into the distance.
"It's the fact that you saw it happen and didn't think to stop me. Sure, my mom is a rude person but she didn't deserve what happened today. And it's all your fault."

"I thought you would've realised. I mean, there was so many signs-"

What the fuck?

"So now you're saying, that I'm too dumb to realise those signs?"

"Well-"

"And instead of doing the right thing as my boyfriend and telling me, you decide to make me look dumb and stupid and 'let me figure it out on my own'? What kind of excuse is that?" I say in a calm voice.

"I-"

"No!" I interrupt him. "I think that we need a break." I say quietly. It's killing me inside because I'm suddenly having thoughts about the last time this happened. My eyes start brimming and I'm trying to hold them back.

"Maddy, Princess, please don't do this."

"You need your space," I said almost choking on my words. It was evident that I was crying. "And I need mine. At least until I sort out whatever's going on here."

"Mads I'm so sorry."

"How am I supposed to know you're not lying about that?" I whispered.

"But-"

"I'm pretty sure this conversation is over." I said slowly before getting up and trudging to my room.

The best part about Noah and I is that we always work put our differences. We fight a lot but our love for each other always overrules everything. He always comes running back when we fight.

But for the first time, in a long time, he didn't come back.