[21] Cold Stare from a Punk

🍮I wonder how long you guys anticipated for this chapter.🍮
•••
Y/N: POV

After the school trip ended with some hiccups here and there, we made it back safely to our cottage, given a whole day of total relaxation. You can imagine what I did during those 24 hours of free time, and that's nothing. It was only a day where I snuggled within my comfy bed that I longed for three days and homemade meals made by yours truly! It was uncommon for my parents to be back in the house, even as a child, I would spent hours everyday perfecting how to cook, as I try to squeeze in time for S/N and try to find a way to entertain ourselves.

Now, I guess I'm left behind by all those people I cared about...
•••
The Next Day

Everything was as ordinary as they were before, students loudly whispering amongst others, as most chattered about the new transfer student that will arrive today.

I sat beside Saiki's desk, while Kaidou hovered around him who was also interested about this particular topic. Saiki listened to some students about their opinions while he pitched in with some of his 'delightful' comments. You can say he was not feeling great about this, seeing as Toritsuka wasn't one to right home about.

Our home room teacher made a grand entrance in the classroom bringing in our invited guest. From a glance, the boy appeared to look like an average teenager, not hinting he has any powers of sort omitting on him.

Good for Saiki, he won't have to worry about this person clinging onto him.

"I'm Aren Kuboyasu and I transferred from Ibaraki–"

He fumbled around in front of the chalkboard, erasing some parts of his lettering and strangely apologizing to everyone. I found it extremely laughable and didn't bother to contain my laugh. Saiki did his best to comfort me by placing his hand behind my back which as well prevented me from falling back.

Other students made puzzled expressions on their faces, as Kuboyasu did the same. From a distance, I couldn't tell if he was making the same faces as the other students, but when I took a closer glance, he was forming a deeper and bitter appearance. He walked closer toward me, giving a look of hatred as he walked passed my desk. My bright E/C eyes connected his amethyst eyes, confused.
•••

After Class

I stared off out the window, completely oblivious that others were leaving the room. It was tiring to listen to an adult speaking about information you practically learned when you're 14 days old.

"I see that someone isn't happy with you."

My attention was captured by Saiki's unusual words, but was still enough to guilty me. I was a tiny bit concerned by his menacing glare.

"Saiki, what is it about me that people hate?"

He shrugged, giving a few moments of ailments to think through.

"It's not you that's the problem. It's you sister."

I slammed both my hands on the table forcefully out of anger, immediately standing up.

"I get that S/N makes mistakes here and there, but you can't just assume that of her!"

With those words that slipped out of my mouth, I stomped of the room and left Saiki isolated.

It's always been like this. Other adults and children make assumptions of S/N. I admit that she has some bad points like constantly not home for a long period of time like our parents now a days but that's still no excuse for them to turn their backs on her! I know she's a good person, why doesn't anyone believe me? Even Saiki...the one I trusted the most.
•••

After School

I walked off toward my destination, feeling a little dazed. Not long after, my ears perked once I heard a wretched voice from a distance.

I turn toward the ear-splitting noise and eyed the student who couldn't stand my presence. He put out his arm, warning me of what was somehow behind me.

A siren truck picked up from the side as it's shape formed larger until it was almost close enough to touch me. Unfortunately I didn't have an option to prevent this move, and there were also no signs of Saiki.

And before I knew it...it was too late.